Chapter 6

Riley's POV

I look around the cellars, and I wonder what this place is.

I'm already sure that I was right when I assumed that the people who live here are doing something illegal.

I'm still not sure what they're actually doing, but I really doubt that normal people have huge houses in the middle of the woods, especially with some kind of cellars in the basement.

There are a few people here, and one of the other prisoners said that they're guards, who are supposed to make sure that no one will get out of here.

I look at one of the guards, and I can see that he's staring right back at me with a slight frown.

I can see that he's one of the less strict people, so I guess that he will be my target when I will try to convince someone to let me get out.

But I guess that I will have to wait for a while, and hopefully the other guards will leave him alone here.

I decide to lay down for a while , but I groan loudly when I remember that there's no bed here, so if I will want to lay down, then I will be even more cold than now.

So, I stay sitting, although I know that I will get sick soon, considering that the walls are very cold and I have been resting my back against them for the last few hours.

"Can I have a blanket?" I ask one of the guards.

He looks at me for a moment, before he nods slightly and he goes towards the door which they dragged me though before.

A few minutes later, he gives me two blankets, and I thank him with a slight smile.

At least now I won't die as quickly as I would without them.

I lay one of the blankets on the floor and I cover myself with another one, before I decide to get some rest.

Before I can fall asleep, I can hear that something's going on, so I sit up to see what's happening.

And I groan when I see that the guards are locking another person in the cellars.

This man has a lot of dirt on him, but that's how most of the people here look like, so I'm not surprised.

I just wish that they could do something with the wolf who's staying in the cellar that's not far from me.

I really have no idea why they decided to lock a wolf here, but he smells very bad, and I really hope that they will take him away soon.

I close my eyes for a while, but not much later, I can smell the food, so I look up, and I can see that a guard puts a plate full of food inside of my cellar.

I look around and I see that everyone's eating already, so I decide to do the same.

To be honest, the food isn't very good, but I expected them to make me starve to death, so I'm still happy that I can eat it.