Chapter 4

Valentin's POV

I walk towards the pack house, and I make sure to look like I'm overly confident, because that's the only thing that make the people from this pack like me.

If I would act like a normal Omega, then I wouldn't have any friends, and I definitely don't want that to happen.

"Never forget this perfection." I say to myself.

I kick a few rocks which are on my way, but then I look up when I realise that I can smell my mate.

I smile to myself, because I have waited for a lot of years to finally have a mate.

I walk in the direction on the scent, and I can see that Denver, who's the Alpha of this pack, is standing next to the front door of the pack house, and he's talking with a few of the guards.

The scent of my mate is coming from that direction, so I go there, even though I really don't want to interrupt their conversation.

When I get close, I can see a man who's a lot taller than me, and I can smell that he's a werewolf too, although his scent is a bit weird.

It seems that he's angry about something, so I stop walking, and I decide to wait on them to finish talking, hoping that he will be a bit calmer then.

About half an hour later, Denver tells the guards to leave them, but it seems that he's taking my mate to his office.

So, I decide that I will have to interrupt them after all, because I really don't want to wait for another half an hour.

"Hey." I say when I reach them, and Denver quickly looks at me.

"Hi, Valentin." Denver says. "Do you have to tell me something important, or can it wait for a while?" He asks me curiously.

"Well, I guess that it can wait." I say, and he nods slightly.

"Come back in about an hour then." He tells me with a smile, and I nod lightly, before I look at my mate who still looks annoyed.

I keep looking at him, while he leaves with Denver, and when they're gone, I frown slightly.

I have no idea if he doesn't know that I'm his mate, or if he decided that he will ignore me.

But I guess that I will have to wait for a while longer, before I will finally be able to talk with him alone.

So, I sit under one of the trees outside of the pack house, and I wait for almost an hour, before I decide that I don't have any more patience.

I stand up, and I walk inside of the pack house, before I go up the stairs.

When I'm on the correct floor, I can see that my mate's talking with Denver in front of one of the doors, but it seems that they're about to end the conversation, so I decide to wait.

A while later, my mate starts to walk towards me, so I smile slightly.

"What did you want from me?" Denver asks me.

I didn't even realise that he started to walk towards me along with my mate.

"Well, I don't really want to talk with you." I tell him. "I wanted to talk with him." I say, gesturing towards my mate.