Chapter 14

Valentin's POV

When the doctor is done with the wound, he tells me that Riley is alright now, and that he doesn't have to stay here.

But I will have to talk to Denver, before I will be able to take him out of there, so I try to find him.

And I just hope that it won't take too long, because I have no idea how long it will take for Riley to make Nathan angry enough to kill him.

To be honest, I most likely should have taken Nathan with me, but Denver told the guards that they can leave us alone with Riley.

So, we would have to call them to come here, before both Nathan and I would be able to leave.

Which means that it will be quicker this way.

When I finally find Denver, I groan when I see that he's talking with the guards, but thankfully he tells them to go away not much later, so I quickly walk toward him.

"Can I take Riley with me?" I ask him.

"Did the doctor say that he can leave the pack hospital?" He asks me, and I nod in agreement. "Then you can take him, but make sure that he will stay in your house.

And you should tell him that we're werewolves, because there a big possibility that he will see someone shift on your way." Denver tells me and I nod.

"Thanks." I say. "I have to go, because I'm not sure if Riley will survive if I will leave him with Nathan for much longer." I say, and he chuckles.

I quickly go towards to pack hospital, and I groan when see that Nathan is glaring at Riley who's smirking at him.

"Can the two of you stop arguing?" I ask them, and Riley shrugs.

"I'm not sure, neither of us tried." He tells me, and I just roll my eyes, before I go towards one of the closets that's in the room.

I take out a bag of clothes, that I told one of the guards to bring here earlier.

I help Riley sit, and I try to make sure to not hurt his wound, but I know that he's still in pain, because he looks like he wants to hit something.

I give him a shirt and he puts it on, before I take the blanket off of him, and I help him put the rest of his clothes on.

When he's ready to go out, I lead him out of the pack hospital, and he reluctantly follows me.

"Where are we going?" He asks me when we get out of the pack house.

"To the cellars." Nathan says and I glare at him, although it just makes him laugh.

"We're going to my grandparents' house, where you will stay from now on." I say, and Riley frowns.

"Why do I have to stay here?" He asks me.

"I will tell you later, if you won't look at the trees." I tell him and he looks like he's wondering if he should believe me.

But he decided to look at the ground the whole way to the house.