Chapter 49

Valentin's POV

Nathan and I walk towards the shooting room, and this time Riley is with us too, because he wanted to learn how to shoot.

Although from what he told me, he's already pretty good at it, even though he only shoot a few times.

When we're inside of the building, I can see that Denver left a few guns for us, so each of us takes one guns and then we stand in front of the targets.

I look at Nathan, who makes sure that Riley knows how to hold the gun, and then I watch as he tries to shoot at the target.

He misses the target and he frowns, before he tries to shoot again.

"I swear that I killed those men with one shot for each of them." He tells us, and he seems to be confused at his sudden lack of skills.

"I guess that you were stressed back them, and you knew that you had just a few tries.

So, that most lieky motivated you enough to aim properly." Nathan says, and I decide to agree with him, though I'm not sure how much truth is in that.

I decide of start to shoot too, and I actually manage to hit the target, which makes me smile.

We shoot for the next few minutes, but I stop when I see that I almost hit the middle of the target.

I groan loudly, which makes Nathan and Riley look at me.

"I almost hit the middle." I tell them, and then I gesture toward the target, which has a hole almost in the middle.

"Try again, maybe next time you will hit the middle." Nathan says, so I groan again, before I start to shoot.

When the whole paper is covered in the holes, I decide to replace it with another one.

I look at it when I have it in my hand, and Nathan laughs when he sees it.

"You're doing better than Riley." He tells me, and I guess that he's right, because Riley's target barely has any holes in it.

My target has a lot of holes, but none of them are close to the middle, except for one.

I look at Nathan's target, and I can see that his is exactly opposite to mine.

His has a lot of holes too, but they're close to the middle, and I'm sure that most of the bullets went through the hole that's right in the middle of the target.

When Nathan takes his target in his hands, I quickly take it from him, then I replace it with mine, before I walk towards Riley who's still trying to shoot.

"I think that I did pretty well." I say, and I show him the paper that I'm holding in my hand.

"Is that Nathan's?" He asks me, and I shake my head.

"No, it's mine, Nathan's looks a bit worse than this." I say, and he chuckles slightly, before he decides to shoot one last time.