Chapter 20

Nathan's POV

I walk around the pack lands alone, because Valentin and Riley decided that they will go on a date alone.

I let them go, because I know that Riley didn't spend much time alone with Valentin, because Val and I work almost in the same hours.

They just have about half an hour to be alone with each other, before I get back.

And I have spent some time alone with Valentin after we met, which isn't a lot, but it let us get to know each other more.

So, I walk through the woods, and I hope that I remember how to get to the clearing that Valentin showed me before.

When I finally reach it, I look around, and I can see that there a lot more people here than before.

I quickly realise that all go them are training, so I guess that I won't be able to stay here, which almost makes me groan, because I just walked this much for nothing.

I guess that since I'm already here, then I can watch as they train, I don't have anything better to do after all.

To be honest, I have been training with my former pack for a few years, before I was kicked out, but the pack trainings looked different than they do here.

We definitely didn't have this many people, and it seems that the instructors are a lot nicer here.

I'm currently sitting on the tree, and I try to find someone who I want to look at.

Not much later, I find a guy that I recognise as Valentin's cousin, so I decide that I will look at him.

He seems to be a good fighter, at least in his wolf form, although he wasn't this good as a human.

A while later, I decide to watch someone else.

I stay on the tree until everyone shifts back to their human forms, and the girls start to leave, while the men stay in the clearing.

I look at the sky, and I quickly realise that it's a lot later than I thought, so I decide to go back to the house.

When I'm in the middle of the way, my phone starts to ring, so I pick it up.

"I will be back soon." I say.

"Alright, we will wait on you then." Valentin says, and before I can ask him why they're waiting on me, he hangs up, so I groan and I start to walk a bit quicker.

When I reach the house, I can see that both Valentin and Riley are sitting outside of the house, and three kids are sitting next to them.

"Who's kids did you steal?" I ask Riley, and he rolls his eyes.

"They just run towards us, and then Valentin agreed to watch them." He tells me with an eye roll.

I decide to gently hit him on the head, to let him know that I was kidding, but it seems to annoy him a bit, and he hits me on my back.

"Can you stop hitting each other?" Val ask us. "We have to go to my uncles house, because I agreed to take the kids back to their house.

Since their father had to stay in the pack house for some reason." Valentin explains, before he stands up.

Two of the kids go towards him, and the smallest one extends his hand towards Riley, who reluctantly holds his hand, which makes me chuckle.