Chapter 33

Riley's POV

I look at both of the guys to make sure that they won't attack me, but by the amount of the blood that's coming out for them I guess that they won't be getting up anytime soon, or at all.

I look at the boy who's still laying on the ground, and I can see that he's shaking, most likely because he's scared of me.

So, I decide to go towards him to see if he's alright.

His clothes are ripped in many places, and he has a lot of injuries, mainly on his chest from what I can see.

"I won't hurt you." I say. "But if you want me to help you go to the hospital then you will have to stand up.

Because I really doubt that I will be able to carry you." I say, and he nods slightly, although I can see that he's still scared.

I help him sit up, and he throws up a few times, before he lets me pull him to his feet.

When we start to walk through the woods, we're quickly met by a lot of guards who are running in the direction that we came from.

They look at the boy who's barely standing, and some of them glare at me.

"What have you done?" Someone asks, and I look at the direction of this person, before I realise that it's Denver.

"I saved him." I say, and I gesture to the boy. "I saw two guys who were talking about murdering him, so I wanted to threaten them to not do it.

But I had to use the gun, when they decided that they will kill me too." I say, and I really hope that he will belive me.

He looks at me for a while, before he looks at the boy, most likely wanting him to tell him if it's the truth.

The boy nods slightly, but it seems that he doesn't want to talk, so Denver tells the guards that they should help me take the boy to the hospital.

And that they should wait with me, before he will come back to talk with us.

So, I let the guards take the boy, and I'm happy that I won't have to actually drag him the whole way to the pack house.

Not much later, when I finally calm down, I can hear an alarm, and I wonder why it's ringing.

I don't even have to ask anyone about it, because a few minutes later one of the guards tells another guard that he will go turn the alarm off, since there's no attack.

Some of the guards go to the hospital with the boy, while the rest stay with me in the main room of the pack house.

I can hear that my phone's ringing, so I take it out for the pocket, and I pick it up.

"Hi?" I say.

"Where are you?" Valen asks. "I was calling you for the last few minutes, and I you didn't pick up." He tells me.

"I'm at the pack house, and I kind of got in trouble again, so you might want to come here." I say, and I hang up before he can ask me about it.

One of the guards asks me about what happened, but I know that I will have to tell the same thing to Denver, so I decide to ignore him for now.