Chapter 10

Riley's POV

I sit on one of the blankets, and I really don't think that I will be able to survive for much longer.

I have no idea how long I have been here, because I can't see any windows, so I have no idea how many days have passed.

I feel sick, but I have no idea if it's because I'm actually ill, or if I'm just bored.

I definitely feel a bit ill, and the blankets aren't doing much to warm me anymore, so I have been shivering for the last few hours.

I already told the guards that I'm not feeling well, and that I'm cold, so they gave me another blanket, but it didn't help me at all.

To be honest, I didn't expect the guards to care about the fact that I'm not feeling well.

But I can see that some of them are glancing at me worriedly, so I guess that I might have a chance to survive.

"Are you feeling better?" One of the guards asks me a while later, and I just shake my head, before I look up from the floor.

I quickly take the cup of tea when he gives it to me, and I hope that it will warm me a bit.

"I will tell the doctor to come here if you won't feel better soon." He tells me, so I nod, and I thank him for the tea, because I can see that I'm the only one who got it.

I happily drink it, and I set the cup on the floor, so the guards will be able to take it later.

Then I lay down, and I try to get some rest, although the shivering is too distracting.

About half an hour later, I hear that someone's opening the cellar, which scares me, because they don't usually do that.

I sit up, and I look at a man who looks like he's a doctor.

Then I look at the guard, and he smiles slightly, before he comes inside, and he puts the handcuffs on my hands.

I let the doctor do a few examinations, and then I look at him while he's quietly talking with the guards.

The guard leaves the cellars, and the doctor follows him, so I guess that he decided that I won't die.

I groan slightly, and I lay down again, but I'm interrupted again not much later.

"Can everyone just let me rest?" I ask with an annoyed voice, before I look up to see that a guard is opening the cellar.

He just chuckles, before he comes over to me, and he helps me stand up.

I don't even ask him where we're going, because I know that I won't be able to do much, no matter what they want to do with me, so I will just have to wait and see.

I'm also tired, so I guess that I have a fever or something.

I feel like I will fall asleep while walking, and a few minutes later, I actually start to lose the balance.

Thankfully, the guard makes sure that I won't fall, and I just groan, before I force my legs to keep walking.