5. Midnight snack

Summary: Harry finds you in the kitchen late at night

You've been lying in bed for hours trying to get to sleep. It's currently 2:35am and you've been tossing and turning for over two hours. Harry is sound asleep next to you with his back to you where he's turned over in his sleep. You had a sudden craving for some cereal so decided to head downstairs to make a bowl. You very slowly and quietly got out of bed and slipped on your slippers and headed out the bedroom. You creep down the stairs and head into the kitchen. You turn on a lamp and grab yourself a bowl from the cupboard and pour yourself a bowl of chocolate cheerios which was the only box you had left. You poured in little milk, grabbed a spoon and sat yourself down at the breakfast bar on one of the stools. Your just sat there zoned out eating your cereal when you hear footsteps coming towards you, getting louder by the second.

"Baby it's 2:45 in the morning why are you up ?" A very sleepy looking Harry says rubbing one of his eyes, appearing from the darkness of the house into the kitchen.

"Couldn't sleep" you reply with a mouthful of cereal, you've got one of your legs up on the stool which you always found very comfortable when you were sitting on them.

"And your having cereal ?"he laughs a little as he reaches you and rubs your back

"I was really craving it, and I didn't eat much for dinner so I was actually quite hungry"

"Anything bugging you baby, maybe that's why you can't sleep?" He sits on the stool next to you and puts his hand on your thigh, rubbing it with the pad of his thumb.

You shrug your shoulders taking another mouthful of cereal. "It's frustrating cause I can't sleep" you pout, yawning and rubbing your eyes with your hoodie covered hands.

"What do you mean babe ?"

"I've got such a busy day tomorrow I've got to be up at 7:30 to get to work and I can't sleep and I it's annoying cause I can't get comfy and nothings working" you put the spoon back into your bowl as you finish and you push the bowl away in frustration.

"I'm sorry baby" he whispers kissing your cheek "is there anything I can do to help ?"

"I don't know, can you magically make me fall asleep instantly ?" You look over and smile a little.

"I mean" he laughs "I could try but I don't think that's possible"

You move your stool closer to Harry and lean your head against him in which he puts his arm around you.

"How about we go get back in bed and we can cuddle anyway you want so your feel comfortable" he suggests kissing you on the head

You nod and Harry gets up to put your bowl away and then holds his hand out as you both make your way back to the bedroom, turning the light off as you leave.

You're then back in bed and after a few minutes you're lying on Harry's chest and he's got his arms wrapped around you and you finally feel comfortable.

"Sorry for waking you up H, I know you've got work as well tomorrow"

"No need to apologise sweetheart, I'd rather be sleeping knowing your okay" he kisses your head "now get some sleep ok, I love you baby"

"I love you to Harry"
——————————————————————————
Heyyy x

Hope your enjoyed this part and can relates on the fact that not being able to sleep is so frustrating 😭
I've fully cried cause I can't sleep sometimes it gets so frustrating

Message me for any requests 🤍