Lovely London

Niall's POV

The final concert of the Take Me Home tour just finished. We were finally done with the tour. I couldn't be more relieved. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the touring. It's a blast. I was getting to spend time with everyone. I still didn't have a real girlfriend, well I actually did have one according to the media, but that doesn't count. Over the past few months, I did however get a new best friend. Spencer an I were crazy close now. The other guys loved her as well, but seeing she's my sorta girlfriend, we always stayed the closest. At first, I was unsure about trying to become friends because I didn't want to lose her, but, after about a week, the friendship became inevitable. It was like destiny had thrown me a new friend. Simon and Alaina's dad did an awesome job finding me a new best friend.

Being back in Europe, we had that one last show Spencer had to show up to and then she could stick around London, but after that, I was going home. I needed to see my family back in Ireland for a few days, at least. I would fly her out to meet them, but she needed to check on her sister first. She had flown home about once a week since the whole fake girlfriend thing started. I wanted her to keep an eye on her sister Lily because she was always worried about her burning the house down. I was bumming because I knew any day she could be told she wasn't needed and I wouldn't be able to see her for awhile. That honestly hurt the most. Spencer was my closest friend, besides the guys, but she was still really important. I didn't plan on ditching her, no matter what people told me I should do. I would still Skype her, text her, and call her whenever I could. I refused to ditch one of my best friends because it would supposedly look bad. I could care less what people thought of Spencer. She made me realize all the other people, the people that make rumors, the people that tell me I don't belong in the band, the people that called me ugly, the people that said I don't matter, shouldn't affect me. They are the ones that don't matter. It hurt like hell when they tweet those things or say those things, but I couldn't change their cruelness and stupidity. I obviously did matter. I would have been kicked out of the band awhile ago if I didn't. Hell, I wouldn't even be in the band if Simon thought I didn't matter. Spencer told me to just forget about those people. I should live however I want to live.

That wasn't going to make me get rid of Spencer any time soon. In fact, I planned to keep her around for a long time. She was a part of my life now. No matter if it was fake at first, she was real now. She wasn't my girlfriend, but that didn't matter. Who said every girl I hang out with is or has to be my girlfriend?

I finished my thoughts as Zayn slung his arm over my shoulder. We were walking to the van that would take us all home. Zayn smiled brightly and it was actually kind of creepy how excited he was. I knew why he was so happy. He was ready to see his family and his girl whenever he wanted. With the last concert over with, we had a lot more free time. Perrie was a definite catch for him. She was perfect for our wise and powerful Zayn. They both always seemed to know what to say. No matter the conversation or problem, Zayn or Perrie had the solution. They were the dynamic duo.

"What's up Nialler?" He asked.

"Nothing much. Just thinking."

"How's Spencer doing with her sister Lily?"

"Hopefully she'll get through to her soon."

"Yeah. That'll be the best thing." He says and runs over to Liam. They're probably talking about how excited they are to see their girlfriends. They've only been separated for a few hours. They're just happy that they get to spend almost all their time with them now. I didn't honestly have anyone to return to. I was going home with Harry today and was starting to regret it. Where there was Harry, there was Rachel now. I didn't feel like hearing their love fest. It was actually the last thing I wanted to hear tonight. All my stuff was at his flat, though, and I wasn't leaving for Ireland until tomorrow morning. I decided to call Spencer. She might want to hang out. I know she didn't want to spend time in her apartment. She was still living at her Ex boyfriend's apartment. He moved out and was renting it to her. I had no idea if that was legal, but he pulled it off. I take out my iPhone and ring Spencer.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Hey. Can I sleep at the apartment tonight?"

"Um. I guess. Call me when you get here."

"Will do. Thanks." I say and hear her end the call.

I travel to Harry's and catch a cab to Spencer's apartment. She lets me up immediately. She was probably just waiting for me to get there. I check my watch. 10:30pm on this lovely Saturday night.

"Hey!" I say when she opens the door.

"Hey! The concert was great tonight. What brings you here?"

"I didn't want to stay at Harry's."

"Oh okay."

"If you get what I mean."

"Yeah...wait....OH! Gross Niall!" She says laughing.

"Well! Can't blame the gross lovebirds."

"Yeah yeah. Doesn't mean YOU have to share their stuff with me."

"So couch or are we sleeping together?" I say wriggling my eyebrows. She laughs and points to the couch. I make a frown and she laughs again.

"No movie night?" I ask plopping on the couch.

"Nah. I'm really tired. Jumping around at the concert really destroyed me tonight."

"I'm pumped!"

"Then YOU can watch TV. Start chilling out."

"Will you watch it with me?"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"Fine." She says and walks to the bedroom. She drags out her comforter and throws it over herself.

"Ahem." I say and she rolls her eyes. She throws half of the blanket over my legs and I turn on the TV. We find some funny video show. We always found them when she was on tour with us. I see her eyes close and soon enough she's passed out on the other side of the couch. It was funny how I was going to be gone for only a few days and I actually thought about how I was going to miss her and everyone else. It was going to be hard switching from family to friends and from friends to work. I would be moving all the time. I would have to crash at people's apartments or, in a few weeks, house. Liam and Alaina were finishing up their house he bought while on tour. I felt bad always having to crash somewhere. It felt like I was always getting in the way. I came to a conclusion. I was going to get a flat in lovely London.