Home

Niall's POV

I was shaking when I arrived at my mums house. I couldn't wait to see her, and apparently she felt the same way because I wasn't even out of the cab before she jumped on me.

"Niall!" She shouted as I hugged her back.

"Hey mum." I laughed and she let go. I got my suitcase from the trunk and paid the driver.

"How was the flight?"

"It was good. Shorter than I'm used to." I added laughing and she chuckled a bit too.

"That's great. So who is this girl I'm hearing about all over the news?"

"Spencer?"

"Yeah that's her name."

"She's only a friend. A really good friend."

"Oh really? How do you feel about this friendship?"

"It's good. She's one of my best friends."

"That's all?"

"Yeah."

"Darn."

"What?"

"She's really pretty. I thought you hooked her." She said and I laughed.

"No. She's just a best friend of mine."

"Oh well. You'll get the perfect girl one day. She seems really close to you."

"Like I said, we're really really good friends."

"Whatever you say. You just seem like a good pair."

"You want to meet her, don't you?"

"Yeah. How'd you guess?"

"You had a funny look. I'll ask her if she wants to fly in sometime this week."

"Ask her to come anytime! I'll be the judge of how friendly you two are."

I laugh at the comment. She actually sounded like Louis when he try's to play matchmaker. Everyone is the band knew Harry was the best judge, but Louis did try.

"I'll call her later."

"Just call her now. Maybe she'll want to come out tomorrow and spend the week. Does she have a job?"

"She works with us. It's her week off too."

"Then call her! I'm sure she'd love to see Ireland!"

"Alright mum. I'll call her."

I take out my phone and dial her number. I had memorized it by now.

"Hey Niall, everything alright?"

"Yeah. Do you want to come tomorrow or today or sometime this week, unless you haven't seen your sister-"

"How about tonight? I see a flight on my phone."

"What time?"

"It leaves London at 7pm and I'd get to Ireland around 8. Is that good?"

"As good as it gets. I'll pick you up then. Good?"

"Good."

"Bye." I say and she hangs up. I see my mom around the corner. She was eavesdropping.

"So when are you getting her tonight?" She asks me.

"Around 8. Is that good?"

"Fine by me! Where is she going to sleep?"

"I'll give her my room. The couch is good for me."

"Bummer."

"You wanted us to stay in the same room?"

"No. Of course not." She lies. She's still smiling.

"Alright mom." I laugh.

"So what do you want to do?"

"Sleep."

"Then go crash upstairs. I'll wake you up at 7 if you aren't awake by then."

I check my watch. It had taken longer on the plane and getting to the house than I thought. It was 1pm. I would be very happy to take a 6 hour nap right now. I was just worried about Spencer meeting my mum. My mum didn't really know about Spencer being hired. She wouldn't like the thought either. She just figured the media showed her as my girlfriend. She may be kind of ashamed that her own son can't get a real girlfriend. I probably could if I tried. It's not that real girls aren't interested in me, it's just that I never really find someone I'm into. I just never find a girl that likes me for me, not just Niall from one direction with the big paycheck.

It helped being in a band. Everyone supported you. It was you and your best mates. The only pressure seemed to be our management. I know they were looking out for our best interests, but there was always this fear that one month it'll be over. Some new band will be out and we won't matter. Our fans will move on and we'll be old news. That was what scared me the most. Having Alaina's dad as our manager made me less worried. He took some of the stress away. Simon is a great manger, but he has other projects and people he works on. With Alaina's dad, we are his top priority. He was always on top of things and always had a plan for us.

He had let Spencer be my choice. If it was Mallie, our old manager, I would not have gotten the freedom to choose. He made it so we still had lives outside the band. With Mallie, we only had one thing to do. We had to be her little puppets. I think Liam was affected the most by her. He fell for her and she tricked him to get a handle on the rest of us.

All I really knew was that choosing to have a fake girlfriend, was a great decision. She was one of my best friends now. No matter what, we would stay close. That was my plan for the future. I wasn't going to let the media ruin our friendship. No one was going to split us apart.