Coffee With Alaina

Spencer's POV

"You know I met Liam at this coffee house almost a year ago!" Alaina says and I smile at her comment.

"That's why I asked you to meet me at this one." I say and she grins, satisfied with my choice.

"Okay, back to business. We need to get this Merida girl out of Niall's mind." She states.

"I don't know, Alaina. Maybe she's what Niall needs. I've got my sister to watch close and-"

"Spencer."

"No she's more important! I can't let her screw her life up."

"Let her learn a lesson."

"No I can't let her. She's more important than-"

"Than you are?!" She shouts.

"I care about her too much."

"If your sister mucks up her life it's her fault! Not yours! Be selfish for once Spencer!" She shouts and laughs.

"Alaina, you know I can't stop watching her."

"Well figure out Niall first." She says and I pause to think.

He's been there for me forever. I can't just put him last. He's always made me crazy happy. Alaina's right. I can't push it off any more. I need to get on this. He won't be around forever. Hell, he might be on a date with Merida right now. Man I'm an idiot.

"Uh, I'm still here." Alaina says and laughs.

"Sorry."

"So, what was that thinking session?"

"I've made a choice."

"And?"

"I can't tell you yet." I say and she sighs at me.

"Really?"

"I was kidding. I'm going to ask him to go to dinner." I say proud.

"Where? And don't say Nando's. We just got him to chill out about that."

"No. Some Italian place. Seeing we met in Italy."

"Cute. Well, I'm going home. Liam's not there and I need to let Tuck out."

"Give that cutie a kiss for me!''

"The dog or Liam?"

"Gross! The dog!" I practically shout and she laughs.

"Bye weirdo." I say once we get to the door and go our separate ways.

"Bye!" She shouts back.

I head back to the flat and pause at the door. I start shaking. Who knew I'd be this nervous? I'm really worried that Merida may be in there. Now I'm freaking out. I'll just come back later. I turn and then stop. No.

I knock on our flat door and wait for him to answer. He has a big smile on his face. Did Alaina tell? Or did she tell Liam and Liam told Niall! Mistake. Big mistake Spencer. I just have to do this. I take a deep breath and I swear he does too. Great. He knows.

"Hey." I say. Good. I got one word out.

"Hey." He says and smiles.

There's a pause for what seems like an hour. We make eye contact and I get the nerve to speak again.

"Do you wanna go to dinner tonight?" We say at the same time. I grin. He was going to take ME to dinner. We both laugh.

"I'd love to." I say, still giggling a bit.

"I'd love to, too."