Surprise

Niall's POV

We all realized Zayn needs to figure this out himself. He'd have to see that he's not hopeless in a relationship. It just didn't work out this time. That doesn't mean it will never work out for him again.

I dig through my suitcase because I remembered that Spencer had left me a surprise. There's a stuffed dog at the bottom of the bag. It takes me a minute, but I realize it's significance. It's the dog she won out of the claw machine on our first date. I smile at the dog and place in on my bed. I call Spencer.

"Hey what's up?" She answers.

"Hey I found your surprise."

"Did you like it?"

"Loved it. It made me smile."

"Do you know where it's from?"

"Yeah, our first date. You won it out of the claw machine I was trying to get something out of." I say and she laughs.

"So, how's the apartment?" I ask.

"Lonely. Lily is sleeping over tonight. She doesn't go back to school until next week."

"Gross. Highschool."

"I know. I almost feel bad for her, but senior year is always fun."

"Yeah. Well, it's almost show time."

"Oh. What's the time difference?"

"What time is it there?"

"Midnight."

"It's seven here, so five hours earlier here."

"Yeah. Well, I'm tired and lazy. I've been thinking about putting in for a job at Urban Outfitters to keep me busy."

"That's good. What did you want to do?"

"I could work at the register, as a greeter, or work on shelving."

"No one would recognize you?"

"I don't know. Probably, but I can try to keep on the quiet side. People don't usually notice me as much when you aren't with me."

"True. True. Maybe keep where you work a secret for awhile." I say.

"Yeah. Yeah." She says and laughs a little.

"Alright. I said it before. It's almost show time. I'm in the elevator now. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"Love you too." She says and hangs up.

I walk over to Lou, who is jamming out to some random song on the radio while she fixed Zayn's hair. This was the usual scene before a concert. Liam was on the phone. Most likely with Alaina. Harry and Louis were eating. They were probably plotting some prank tonight. Hopefully it wasn't against me. They've been hanging out more. Larry drama has slowed down since Rachel and Eleanor both came into view. People finally left that alone. Once and awhile it'll start up, but the guys try to ignore it. The girls do, too.

We finish getting ready and chill out with Lou. She's still jamming to the radio. Lux is back home right now. We all miss her, but Lou needs to find someone to help watch her besides us. She said she had an idea. Lou always has an idea.

Finally, the time comes for us to go on stage. We get on and screams erupt from the crowd. We all have huge grins as the music begins. This never gets old.

Authors Note

So! I posted "Stuck." It's the next and final book in this series. It's just a quick Authors Note, but it does include the summary when you click on the cover. Hopefully you'll read it because I think it's a good idea and have loved writing it so far. Well, the next note will be after the last chapter of the book! Much Love, the Author