What Now

Spencer's POV

"What!?" I shout.

"Yeah." Niall answers

"But, no. Why?"

"We don't know."

"But, no."

"Yeah."

"How is he taking it?"

"Bad. He's not talking to anyone." He says and shakes his head.

I've been Skyping with Niall for an hour. They just arrived yesterday. I called mainly to see if he had gotten his surprise, but none of them had unpacked. Everyone was trying to get through to Zayn. They were all trying to get him to talk.

"Maybe he'll talk to you." Niall says.

"I don't know-" I say, but he already picks up the laptop and puts it on the end of Zayn's bed.

"Zayn, Spencer wants to talk to you a bit." I hear Niall say.

"Hey." I say and he lifts his head up.

"Hi." He says.

"He speaks!" Niall shouts and Zayn glares at him.

"Alright, I'll talk to you in a minute. Give me some time to talk to Zayn." I say and he nods. After he walks out, Zayn talks.

"Did she say anything to you?" He asks.

"No. I hadn't heard from her really. I texted her a hello a few times. She responded. She's seemed pretty weird lately."

"Yeah. I noticed, but figured she was just busy. Nope. She said she hasn't felt anything for a long time."

"Ouch"

"Yeah. At least you don't have to worry about Niall saying that. He's standing here smiling right now, just cause you're talking." Zayn says.

"Hey! You weren't supposed to tell her." Niall says.

"He's red isn't he?" I ask.

"Yep." Zayn says.

"So, what are you going to do?" I ask.

"I don't know." He answers and puts his head down.

"Well, everything happens for a reason. Maybe you two weren't exactly meant to be a couple anymore. There's someone out there." I say.

"I don't think so." He says.

"Zayn, don't be that way." I say.

"Well, I am. It hurts. I hate it." He says and stands up.

"Come on. There's someone out there." I say.

"I don't think there is. I don't even know what went wrong. How am I supposed to trust myself in a relationship if I don't even know what happened to my old one?" He says, getting mad.

"There's always hope." I state.

"No. No there's not." He says. I don't push him anymore. He's giving up.