Lily

Spencer's POV

I woke up to a snoring Niall this morning. I kicked at him to wake him up. I realize I kicked a soft spot and he rolls over and falls on the floor. I start laughing hysterically.

"What!" He shouts, still hunched over on the ground.

"What time are you leaving today?"

"Shit! What time is it?"

"9:04am."

"My flight is at 10 Spencer!"

"Okay Niall! Chill out. I'll get you there."

"Thanks." He says and runs for his bag.

"Guess I'll be skipping coffee this morning." I respond to his actions.

"Coffee is not the most important thing! I need to see my family!"

"Calm down. Okay. Lets go, but don't run everywhere! I'm not going to get a speeding ticket either because you want to get to the airport early."

"Fine. Lets go!" He says and races out the door. He needed to learn to listen.

I got Niall to the airport fine. He had gotten there just in time for boarding. I hugged him goodbye. He said he'd call me when he landed. Now, I had another mission. I had to see my sister and try and get her attention on school this year.

I hopped in my car and drove to the house. My parents allowed me to visit, but not stay or live there. They had become less cold lately. My mom actually stopped ignoring me when I came. She'd ask me how I was holding out.

Every since that party my sister threw last year that I took the blame for, they've been angry. Little did they know, I had gotten home just twenty minutes before they did. I had found my sister crying on the couch. Some guy she liked made out with some girl and she was shattered. I had to become officer buzz-kill and get everyone out. I wanted my parents to take it easy on her, but I knew that wouldn't happen. So much stuff was broken all over the house. So, being the loving big sister I am, I took the blame. They didn't believe me at first, but I got Lily to turn her boy drama crying into scared crying. She said all the people there freaked her out. So, I got kicked out of the house. I made Lily a deal that in a few years she had to tell them the truth, even though I knew she wouldn't tell them. I loved her more than myself sometimes. Lily has always been top priority, mainly because she doesn't even look out for herself. I wanted to make sure she did good at school this year. I knew Lily could make something of herself if she actually tried.

When I arrived, I went straight to Lily's room. She was up there, blasting One Direction and Cher Lloyd, as she usually was. I knocked on her door and when she saw me she smiled.

"So you're home now!" She shouted over her music. I laughed. She was playing C'mon C'mon. I turned it down and she frowned at me. I plopped on the bed and she followed.

"So, how was the concert last night?" She asked.

"Great! As usual, they wowed me with all of their energy."

"Now, why is it I can't see them or go to shows?"

"I'll bring you to meet them someday, but first you have to make me a promise."

"Whatever! I swear!"

"You have to get good grades this year. I'm done with the slacking off-"

"You can do so much more Lily!" She mimicked my voice. I had given her this speech many times before.

"Do you want to meet the guys?" I scowled.

"Yes! Yes! Okay! I'll get good grades! I swear!"

"Alright. Alright. As soon as Niall comes back from Ireland, I'll bring you."

"I can't wait! I'm telling everyone right now!"

"Wait!" I shout and stop her.

"What?"

"You probably shouldn't tell anyone yet. The media will find you guys and they're a pain in the ass.''

"But all your new friends are worth it?"

"Yeah! Of course they are."

"Do you think they'll like me?"

"Well, I don't think they'll be attracted to you. Everyone has a girlfriend now."

"But Niall."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean-''

"Yes it does! It means everything."

"God you can be so obnoxious sometimes." I laugh.

"So?"

"I'll call you when he's back."

"I won't see you before that?"

"I don't know."

"Why?"

"Because I'm Niall's girlfriend."

"So?"

"Publicity."

"Lame." She says and I stand up.

"See you soon." I smile.

"Shut the door!" She yells on my way out.

I laugh and turn around in the hallway. I see my dad down the hall. He's not on a business meeting, for once. I walk down.

"Hey." I nearly mumble at the door.

"Hi Spencer." He says and looks up at me.

"How's work?"

"Busy. What's been going on lately?"

"Well, I've been on tour with my boyfriend and-"

"Yeah the famous one. Are you just using him?"

"No." I say flatly.

"Good. I raised you better. Well, I have a lot of paperwork to sort out before I go to Italy next week. Check in on Lily while I'm gone. Bye." He says and summons me out. I turn and head to my car.

My mom wasn't home this week. She was in China getting some work done. Now, he was leaving Lily next week. That meant she had the house to herself. She promised me no more parties, but I didn't trust her. I was going to have her stay with me. She wouldn't be able to miss the opportunity to fuck something up.