Birthday

Niall's POV

I woke up holding Spencer in my arms. She sighs calmly in her sleep. I kiss her forehead and she opens her eyes. She smiles at me and snuggles in closer to my chest. I'm tempted to just skip breakfast this morning. I've missed Spencer a lot. It's not the same sleeping somewhere without her. We usually couch bum together.

"Morning." She mumbles after a minute.

"Morning." I whisper back and give her a gentle squeeze.

"When's breakfast birthday boy?"

"You wanna meet all the guys downstairs?"

"Sure. Do we have to get changed?"

"They won't, so we'll be fine." I tell her and she sits up.

I text all the guys. It seems they all knew about Spencer showing up because Eleanor came to help her sneak in. I remember last night, I saw Eleanor and she said Spencer was sad she couldn't come. I remember telling I understood, but was sad, too. Then, she scared the shit out of me in the linen closet.

We headed down to breakfast. All of us were down there. And for the first time since Liam's birthday, Zayn got up in time to eat with us. He's been sleeping late and thinking wherever we go. It's all about Perrie. She's checked in with us several times. She keeps telling us she feels bad, but couldn't make herself feel something anymore. I understood. We only had to make Zayn understand. Hopefully, he'd get it soon.

We finish breakfast and head up to the rooms again. We can't really leave and go anywhere today. We have a show tonight and need to do a run-through. Spencer and Eleanor could explore the city together. We were in New York for the second time on tour. It was such a big state, we were coming here a few more times.

*

"That was great!" Spencer shouts after the show.

"Thanks!" I shout back. I was honestly kind of deaf after a show. A shout sounded like normal talking level.

"Are you ready to party?"

"Hell yeah!" I shout and she kisses me out of excitement. I should get her excited more often.

"Alright lovebirds, lets go!" Louis shouts and we follow him.

We leave the hall and take a cab to a restaurant. They had a back room that we rented out to party at. They bought me an ice cream cake. As a joke, they bought a one direction on. I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw it. What else can I expect when Louis and Eleanor bought the cake. They were laughing when they brought it in. You would have thought they filled it with something to make it taste bad. I'm surprised they didn't.

My birthday is a blast. The rest of the time we sit around together and play truth or dare. Louis has to spend ten minutes on the street and make himself a disguise, so he's not recognized. He ends up getting seen and books it back to us. It was really funny watching him run back. Eleanor was cracking up, but just smiles when Louis comes back in. He ran into her arms like a child. We get Harry to stick his head out the window and the girls go crazy. We dare Liam call Alaina and yell into the phone he's getting mobbed. She starts to freak out and when he says it was a prank, she threatens to fly to New York and kick him in the balls. Just a note, it's like 4 am there. I get dared to eat cake dipped in soda. Spencer gets dared to do the same with cookies.

At the end of the night, it's Spencer and me in the hotel room. We relax on the king size bed. America's Funniest Home Videos is on. This is all I watch when I'm over here. Spencer looks happy. I kiss her cheek and thank her.

"For what?" She asks.

"Surprising me, like you always do. I was kind of worried that I wouldn't get to spend my birthday with you."

"You're weird."

"Why?"

"You should know by now, I would make it to your birthday. I would have quit my job if they wouldn't let me come see you on your birthday." She says and I'm shocked.

"Never do that."

"Why? I have friends there, but if they try to come between us, they're no real friends of mine."

"But-"

"No buts Niall. Nothing and I mean nothing is coming between us. It took us long enough to figure out there was an us and get the nerve to act on it. Plus, I can't lose my best friend." She says and hugs me.

"You won't." I say and squeeze her tightly.

"You're...squishing....me" she mutters.

"I know. It's my side job after being in a band."