Break

Niall's POV

Liam asks me something, but I'm not listening. I droned everyone out about twenty minutes ago. I've been trying to think of ways to tell Spencer. All I have so far is Louis' idea of playing for her and Zayn's idea of taking her to the London Eye. All are so corny. All are the same. I need to think of what she will really like.

"Niall? You still in there?" Liam asks.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna go to my flat now." I say.

"To see Spencer?" Louis teases and they laugh.

"Give it a rest!" I say and they just laugh more.

I head to the car, shaking my head, and wave them goodbye. They all leave, but Louis comes over to the door.

"You ready for this?" He asks.

"Yeah I know what I'm going to do."

"No judging! What is it?"

"I'm going to take her to dinner and then talk to her after."

"Lame!"

"You said you wouldn't judge!"

"Just go do it!" He shouts and slaps me on my back.

I head home with a grin on my face and stop to get her a rose on the corner near my flat. I'm crazy nervous right now and hopefully my nerves won't get the best of me.

I arrive at the building and the elevator doesn't come fast enough, so I bolt up the stairs and then to my door. I smile big and unlock the door.

"Hi-" I stop. There's Sam on top of her on the couch making out. My eyes go wide. They didn't even hear me come in. I feel hurt somehow, drop the rose and shut the door lightly behind me. What the fuck had just happened to my plan? I called Louis when I got to my car downstairs.

"Hey Ni-"

"She's with Sam again." I word vomit.

"How do you know?"

"Maybe the fact that they were just making out on my couch and didn't even notice when I walked in and left."

"Oh. Man. C'mon over here. We'll have a guys night."

"Where's Eleanor?"

"She's staying over at Alaina's. They're having a girls night."

"I'll be there." I say and hang up.

I drive to his flat with the same angry expression. I was really beating myself up, but I deserved it. If I hadn't waited so long to try, I wouldn't be here. I know I won't be able to see her with Sam. I can't let her quit, though. I could never.

I got there and he was standing outside. The good thing in the recent weeks was the paparazzi were chilled out. They focused on more movies lately and Olly came out with his new album just two weeks ago. So, thank god, there were apparently more important people out right now that us.

I met him at the door and he hugged me.

"Niall your face is damp." He said and let me go. I felt my face. I guess I was that angry I cried a bit.

"Oh."

"C'mon in. We can play video games all night."

"Sounds good to me." I say and we head up. We play for about 2 hours.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks.

"Fuck no. Worse."

"Don't get mad at me, but why?"

"Because I waited too long. I was nervous. I couldn't face my own heart and feelings before."

"Fuck Sam."

"Exactly."

"Fuck Spencer."

"No. I'm more mad at myself than I am at her."

"What why?"

"Because my retarded self was too afraid to admit I don't want her to be my fake girlfriend, I want her to be my real one."