Sell Out

Spencer's POV

We drove to Simons office and I was shaking. When we got out of the car, we were hounded with paparazzi. Niall came to my side and grabbed my hand. I saw three security guards come out, but I didn't let go of Niall's hand. They were yelling at us. Yes, I was used to this. No, it didn't make it any easier getting through the shouts. I tighten my grip on Niall's hand. I knew why it was crazier than usual. Because of that damn rumor.

The three guards got us in safe, but I didn't let go of Niall's hand. I was freaked out. What was Simon going to say? He scared me sometimes. Alaina's dad, my other boss, not so much. Mainly because he treated me like family, not just a publicity statement or way to save Niall's ass.

We were at Simon'a door and Niall knocked. I felt frozen and Niall's thumb caressed my hand. He knew I was nervous. Simon usually didn't sound so urgent. He usually said as soon as you can.

"So we have a problem, but we are fixing it as we speak." He said when we entered.

"You found out who told?" Niall asked.

"Yes. It appears one of our secretaries in the hall got offered some money, so she told a reporter Niall was using a fake girlfriend to get the media off his back about all the gay suspicions. They twisted it into the news story you saw."

"So what's our come back?" I asked.

"Well, we are thinking of having you tell the media you're disappointed people would lie for money and in hopes of hurting others. Okay?" He asks.

"And where would she say this?" Niall asks.

"Just on twitter. But, we needed to do this fast. That's why I told you to get in here in a hurry." He explains.

"Alright. I'll do it now." I say and send out the tweet.

"There. It's over. We're safe from the rumors for now." Niall says and takes my hand again squeezing it.

"So are you two together now?" Simon asks and I pull my hand away. My eyes go wide. He chuckles and smiles at Niall and me.

"Well, by Simon." Niall says and trips on his way out the door, causing Simon to laugh more.

"Thanks Simon." I laugh and start out.

"Wait. So are you two together or not?" He says, stopping me.

"I'm not sure." I say and continue out the door. I catch up with Niall and he takes my hand again before we walk out the door to face the crowd.