Theories

Niall's POV

It's as lovely a Monday that a Monday can be. I'm relaxing in the studio because we're recording our new album. As you probably know, Liam and Harry usually get more of the time and Louis, Zayn, and I end up with crunched recording time. They get the majority of the songs anyways. That's not a bad thing, though. I guess it's what our fans prefer. Anyways, it's what management prefers.

Louis comes over and sits near me. I give him a smile and check my phone. I was going to check and see if Spencer wanted to come see us all and bring us some coffee.

"Hey Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you invite El up here to see us?"

"Can't."

"Why not?"

"She's at work and we might be able to start recording the new love song we all wrote together."

"Right. Can Spencer still come?"

"Sure. If she promises not to tell the girls about the song."

"She won't. I don't even think she's really seen any of the girls lately."

"No?"

"She doesn't really get invited along."

"She can hang with us then!"

"I'm sure she wants girl time."

"Then I'll tell El to invite her on their trips next time." He says and smiles at me.

"Thanks Lou. Spencer will appreciate it."

"I'm the best."

"Don't push it." I say and he laughs.

"Don't push what?" Zayn asks as he comes back into the room.

"Lou thinks he's the best." I respond.

"Cause I am!" He shouts and Zayn chuckles.

"Keep telling yourself that mate." Zayn says an sits with us on the couch.

Exiting the lounge area, I go to call Spencer. Sadly, she doesn't answer. She's probably out to see Lily again. I head back in frowning and sit on the couch. Zayn and Louis are mumbling something to each-other and then they laugh at me.

"What?" I ask.

"No nothing." Louis grins and Zayn smirks at me.

"What?!"

"I said nothing." Louis shouts at me.

"Fine whatever.'' I say, but Louis continues the conversation.

"So where's Spencer?" He asks.

"Didn't answer her phone."

"Is she ignoring you?"

"No." I say kind of offended.

"Alright. Whatever you think."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing out little jealous Irish boy."

"Jealous?"

"You're afraid she's with someone better. You see I have this theory-"

"Not another one of your theories Louis please!"

"You see," he continues anyways, "I think you like Spencer and you get mad when you aren't her first call. You think she doesn't appreciate you as much as you appreciate her. But Niall, you aren't hopeless. You're adorable and she'll realize how special you are. You just gotta show her."

"Yeah, and how do I show her?"

"Sing her a song." He says and I burst out laughing. I stop and realize he was serious.

"That's so cheesy!" I say and Louis looks mad.

"Is not!"

"Is too. I'll think of something someday."

"So you do like her!"

Oh shit that was out loud.

"No, that's not what I meant-"

"Is too! I told ya Zayn! Pay up! $30!"

"Even if she did like me, she likes Sam more."

"Not for long.'' Louis responds, "You'll get her."