Stretch

Spencer's POV

I pulled myself from my sheets. My cheeks were stained with tears and my head was pounding from yesterday's events. Niall tried to talk to me several times since then, telling me it would be okay. I never said anything back. Finally, he had enough of me I haven't spoken to anyone really besides myself. I feel bad for ignoring him, but at the same time I don't care.

I get out of bed and walk out of my room. I go into the kitchen and make myself a cup of earl grey tea. I don't normally drink it plain, but the taste of it without milk and sugar fits me this morning. It's 9am. I hear Niall's door open. He comes into the kitchen and looks kind of surprised to see me.

"Hey." He says and goes to the fridge.

"Hi." I answer and go back to my tea.

I expect him to ask me something, but he doesn't. I head to the living room and just as I place my tea on the table, Niall pulls me into a hug. I hug back and nuzzle my face in his chest.

"We'll figure this out." He says.

"There's nothing to figure out. I can't see Lily for a year. That's it. I was already on bad grounds with my parents. Now the ground is really broken." I say and he squeezes me tighter.

"You'll fix it." He says.

"No. I'm done trying to win back my parents."

"You're never one to give up." He says and looks down at me.

Something comes over me when I look at him. I can't break eye contact. Something seems different. His eyes look mellow and like he's trying to see what I'm thinking. He moves toward my lips and looks away. I feel slightly disappointed. He doesn't look back at me. He looks past me. Now I wonder what he's thinking. All I want is for him to look at me again and have more contact than the embrace we are in. I don't realize it, but my pop from my toes and kiss him. My mind relaxes and for several seconds I forget about my problem. I leave our first kiss and close my eyes. I feel happy and free. When I open my eyes again he's looking at me and smiling. He kisses me again. This time, longer and deeper than before. He holds me tighter and I realize how much I've wanted this.

"We'll fix this. I promise." He says and I believe him. I hope my beliefs don't prove me wrong.