Seeing Sam

Spencer's POV

So, I had Niall's approval. Well, mostly. As much of his approval that I was ever going to get, anyway. He didn't like Sam and I didn't get why! Sam is fun, artistic, he plays several instruments, he's hilarious, and seems like a great guy. Whatever problem Niall had with him, I didn't, and don't think I ever will understand.

I was seeing Sam today, seeing he's back in London. I was picking him up from the airport and we were going to lunch.

He greeted me with a big hug, but I broke out of it fast, just in case the paparazzi were around. We headed to an unpopular pizza place near my apartment and I was going to tell him what me and Niall were.

"Hey Sam?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"So Niall is,"

"He's your boyfriend isn't he. I fucking knew it."

"No. I'm actually paid to be his fake girlfriend."

"Is he gay?"

"No." I laugh. Niall was 100% straight. He definitely like girls.

"So just publicity?"

"Yeah, but I actually...like you."

"Good because I like you too." He smiles and kisses my hand.

"Another thing. Paps are everywhere, so we won't be able to be together much, but"

"It can work." He says and smiles at me.

"Thanks." I laugh.

"So, want to hang out at my apartment?"

"Um-"

"NO! That came out wrong. Wrong! Sorry!" He says and I laugh.

"Sure."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why not? Just no touching, flirting, or romancing in public."

"Deal." He says and walks out the door, without holding it.

"I didn't say you had to be rude." I laugh and he smirks.

"I'm only your friend." He says obnoxiously.

We head to his apartment, which is only just around the corner from the pizza place. It's pretty big. I mean, it's not like Harry's or Zayn's, but Sam isn't in a million dollar boy-band. He's just a singer, all on his own.

To be honest, I hated with the guys, how out there they really had to be. Maybe I could see myself actually with Niall, but only if he wasn't this big pop star all over the charts with his best friends. I get it! Living the dream. But the dream takes you away from your family and friends. That's the stupid part of it.

"What you thinking about?" He asked.

"Just my friends." I say and smile.

"Oh cool. So," he takes my hand. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Yeah?"

"What do you want to do?" He asks not letting go of my hand. We're standing in the middle of his living room.

"I don't know." I laugh and look to the side.

I feel his arms wrap around me and I do the same to him. We stand there for several minutes enjoying one another. He hugs like Niall. Did I just think that? No way. At least I didn't say it out loud. I feel his arms slip to my mid back and pull me closer. I lift my head and smile, trying not to look too goofy. I'm happy. Happier then I've been in a long time. His smile is as big as mine. He leans in and then, he does it. He kisses me.