On the Road

Spencer's POV

We hopped on the bus. All seven of us were actually comfortably seated on their giant couch. I've been in the tour bus several times, but they had a new one now that they were in America. This was bigger than the one at home. This one had a huge queen size bed in the back, and the bunks were bigger than before. There was plenty of space for two people in them.

"I love being here with them." Eleanor says and smiles at me.

"I know. Going back is going to be really really boring." I respond. The guys are sitting around on the floor playing video games on the TV in the corner.

"It always is." She says and rests her head on my shoulder.

I fall asleep because watching another person play a video game is really boring. It's another thing if you're playing, but I didn't ask. Niall woke me up a little while later. Eleanor was still passed out on my shoulder. Louis picks her up and lays her in the back room. I guess they were stealing that room tonight.

"You could have been romantic and not woken me up." I mumble and he laughs.

"Can we just sleep on the couch?" I ask.

"Everyone will see us in the morning."

"So?"

"They'll probably prank us."

"Oh well." I say and lay down on the couch.

"What time is it anyway?" I ask.

"It's 8pm in America."

"How long did I sleep?"

"You fell asleep before dinner at like 5"

"No dinner then." I say and close my eyes. I fall asleep in a few seconds. I was really tired.

Niall wakes me up again. I groan and don't open my eyes. He kisses my cheek lightly and I open them. He's a few inches from my face, so I kiss him and sit up.

"What?" I ask.

"Come here." He says. I stand up and hug him. He sways me with his arms. He takes my hand and sits me down at the kitchen bench. He smiles slyly at me and puts down a plate of toast.

"Thanks." I say and smile at him.

"I didn't know what you wanted on your toast. Butter? Jam? No, you hate Jam, so butter? Or something-"

"Peanut butter and a banana and a knife please." I save him the trouble of rambling.

"Why a banana?"

"To put on my toast, of course!"

"Gross."

"But-"

"Gross. No."

"But-"

"No. Eat what I gave you."

"Peanut butter."

"Fine." He says and turns to get the peanut butter.

I slowly stand up and sneak around him to find the bananas. I rip one off and sneak it behind my back. He turns and raises an eyebrow.

"Put it back." He says and grins at me.

"No."

"Yes."

"No." I say and he runs up to me.

He wraps his arms around me, trying to get the fruit. He succeeds because I'm squished up against a wall. He holds it too high up for me to reach. He never misses a chance to show how short I am. He gives me a kiss and puts the fruit back on the counter.

"Eat your food before it gets cold." He says and gestures to the table.

"Weirdo." I say and sit down.

"Wait." He says and turns around. He throws me the banana and I smile at him.

"As long as I get a bite of your weird concoction." He says and sits down next to me.

"So half the sandwich? 'Cause that's what a bite is to you." I say and laugh.

I finish putting the banana on and cut it in half. I give one half to him and bite the other half. After I'm done chewing, I look for a reaction.

"Awesome." He says and smiles.

"Told you."

"Where did you even think of this?"

"Elvis used to have it, but with bacon on it too." I say and he grins at me.

"Alright we'll try that next time." I say and he smiles.

"When is next time?" He asks. I realize what he means.

"I'll try to come back soon. It's a lot to pack up, come here, see you for a few days, then leave." I answer and he nods.

"I know." He says and looks down.

"But, it's worth it to see you, even if it is just for a little bit." I say and he smiles at me.

"Alright, I'm tired. I had to fight for my meal. You wanna go to bed?" I ask and he nods.

He crawls into the bunk space and I scoot in after. It's tight in there, but I'm still comfortable. I turn to face him and he wraps his arms around me. I snuggle into his chest, like I always do when we're together, and fall asleep. I have to go home in two days.