Ideas

Niall POV

"I'd love to." She responded.

"I'd love to, too." I said back. My grin must be huge. I find it ironic that she was going to ask me to dinner when I asked her.

We decided to do two first dates. First, we'd go to the Italian place and then I was going to take her to an arcade, which she didn't know yet. I had $100 for the arcade, so we could play as much as we want. I picked an arcade because the first day we met, I took her to one in Italy.

We arrived at the Italian place and we agreed it would be a casual date, so it was more like a family place than a fancy one. I was fine with that. Neither of us felt like changing. She remained in her shorts and T-shirt and I remained in my jeans and shirt. It would be perfect for the arcade later.

I wasn't nervous about our date. Why would I be? She was my best friend. Now, I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I've always kind of felt different around her than I do Alaina, Perrie, Eleanor, or any of my girls that are friends back home. I guess Spencer has had me blindly interested since day one.

Was this the safe route? Some may argue it is, but I don't think so. If it doesn't work out, Spencer and I will no longer be best friends and we probably won't cross paths again. I would hate that.

I know that Sam wasn't right about the money factor. She got paid all she was going to the day she became my fake girlfriend. We weren't going to pay her like a normal paycheck. We paid her $10,000 on the spot. I had said if she was a cheap girl that took the money and ran, let her have it. Then, obviously, she needs it more than I do. As you know, she stuck around after she was paid.

Now, I was happy to be able to tell people that she wasn't just a friend. She was more. Spencer was almost my real girlfriend. It was only our first date, but it was perfect.

We headed to the arcade and stuck around until about midnight. We played a bunch of multiplayer and a ton of racing games. She won herself a stuffed dog out of the claw machine.

It was weird that we were already living together, I must say. I walked her to her bedroom and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She said she had fun and also commented on the fact that we live together already and we've only had one date. I didn't care. We were happy. That's all that matters.