Up

Spencer's POV

I was blinded by the sun this morning as soon as I opened my eyes. The couch was firmer than I remember. I had my face smushed against the back cushion. When I turned my head, I realized I was laying on Niall. Guess he stayed in here last night. He had his arm wrapped around me and resting lightly on my hip. I cuddled into him and closed my eyes. He was warm and he smelled good. I fell back asleep.

I woke again when he began to shift because he was waking up. He opened his eyes and I fluttered mine closed again. I didn't want to move from this spot. However, when he felt still, I opened my eyes again. He was awake. He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Morning love birds." I heard Lily shout from the kitchen area. Neither of us said a word. We were just looking at each other, intently.

"Morning!" She shouted again.

"Yeah." I said.

"Hello?!" I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"Morning." Niall and I said at the same time.

"Thank you." She said satisfied and sat on the nearby chair.

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked her.

"I WANT to the beach. I GUESS we can go shopping." She said snobbishly.

"We can just stay home if you're a brat.'' I say. I didn't believe she was 17 sometimes, the way she talked made her sound 7.

"I am a brat! I'm Cher's Brat!" She says proudly. Better not let Niall tell her they know Cher.

"Fine lets go shopping." I say and sit up.

"You guys can go do date stuff." She says and runs into her room. I roll my eyes and go to stretch and get up.

"A few more minutes?" Niall asks. I lay back down, resting on him.

"Are you guys getting ready?!" Lily shouts.

"Alright. Better go give the princess what she wants." Niall says and I laugh.

We both sit up. Lily is in the bathroom now so I head to my room and get dressed. I throw on a pair of dark wash jeans and a beige chiffon top. I put on black Keds and put my hair in a pony tail. That's good enough for a mall date. Plus, I don't really need to impress Niall. He's my best friend and my boyfriend. He's seen me in sweats and baggy shirts.

We head out to the mall and Lily goes her own way. She doesn't really like being in a group. She's kind of a loner. Niall and I go off in another direction. We just walk aimlessly around the mall for an hour. He gets stopped several times by fans. It's a weekday, but it's also summer break. So, everyone teen that could, would be at the mall. I loved to hang out at this mall during summer vacation. It was my spot. Guess other people had adapted to it, too.

We walk through, hand-in-hand and I enjoy myself. It's not fake anymore. It's real and it feels right. I know, that's corny, but it does! It feels perfect. It's like my hand isn't even there. It's just floating with his. I never realized that when I was his fake girlfriend. I guess I just was confused then. I didn't know what I wanted or what I needed. I know now.