Truth

Spencer's POV

I was awaken when I heard a door slam in my apartment. I grabbed the first thing next to me, my lamp. After unplugging it, I went to the door. I flew it open and ran to the living room to find the one making noise was only Niall. I put the lamp down. He looks up at me.

"You thought I was a burglar?" He asks and looks at me funny.

"I was sleeping and heard a slam. What happened?" I ask aggravated and still tired.

"I went out."

"Out?"

"Yeah out."

"Why?"

"Because I had to."

"Was it a band meeting-"

"No it wasn't a band meeting Spencer!" He yells and I'm taken back a bit.

"What happened?" I ask.

"It's just not fair that you and Lily can't see on another." He says randomly.

"We've been over this Niall. I can't change it."

"I just don't understand why he can do this to you guys. It's not fair. It's not fair."

"What makes you bring this up again?" I ask and sit next to him.

"I went to see your dad." He says and my eyes widen.

"No."

"Yeah. I tried to talk some sense into him, but he wouldn't listen and then Lily came and walked me out. She said she'd-"

"Why would you go Niall?"

"Because you were a mess and it wasn't fair."

"But you can't just do that. My dad is so stubborn! Some celebrity isn't going to change his mind."

"I'm not just a celebrity. I'm his daughter's boyfriend."

"A daughter he doesn't respect or believe is responsible." I say and hear my phone ring in the other room. I get up and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask aggravated.

"Spencer, come to the house. I need to talk to you." I realize it's my father.

"I'll be there soon." I say and grab a coat out of my closet.

Although I tell him to stay, Niall follows me out the door. He also won't leave the car once I get in, no matter how many times I tell him to. We drive to my parents house and my sister opens the door. She hugs me. It's only been four days, but it is scary thinking I couldn't see her.

"Alright. I have to talk to dad. Niall will sit with you." I say and she lets go of me.

"Okay." She says and steps aside.

I walk up the stairs, which feel like a mountain right now. His door is open and he looks at me as soon as my head reaches in his view. We make eye contact the rest of the way to his room and then he stands up at his desk.

"What did you need to talk about?" I ask.

"Well, some new information has come around and-"

"Stop talking about life like its a conference meeting." I say.

"Your sister told me the truth." He says and I pause before I realize it.

"The party?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." He says and wipes one of his eyes. He's crying?

"Dad, I-"

"Don't say anything. I'm sorry how I reacted. I'm sorry I even believed it was you who did it. I love you Spencer and I'm sorry." He says.

"I-I don't know what to say."

We stay silent. I look out the window behind him and stare. He comes up to me and hugs me. I hug him back. It's been more than a year since we've been like this. I feel another pair of arms join around us. It's my mom. We finish the hug and all look at one another. It's like a corny movie moment, but it's just how it happens.

"I am still angry at you for something else." My dad says.

"What?" I ask worried.

"You lied to us about that party to save your sister's ass." He says.

"I felt bad for her. Some guy she liked ended up making out with some popular girl. It was a mess, so I took the blame." I say and they look at me funny.

"But why?" They ask.

"She was only 16." I say.

"She should have learned a lesson." He says.

"She did. I made her work harder in school and promise no more tooling around."

"You did?" My mom asks

"Yeah." I say and they look at each other.

"I can't believe we didn't figure that out. You're our daughter for gods sake!" My dad says.

"It's over now. Lets just forget about it." I say.

"Come here." My mom says and hugs me again.

"Okay, too much contact guys." I say.

"How can we make it up to you?" My mom asks.

"Don't worry about that. I just want to be able to be with my sister." I answer.

"That's a given. You aren't a bad influence. You might be the best influence she could have." He says.

"That's what I said." Lily announced at the door.

She runs up and hugs me. Seriously, what is with all the hugging? It's weird. Although, it does feels nice to see my sister.

"Alright. Why don't you two go have fun?" My mom asks.

"Well, Niall is here, so we'll all go out together." I say.

"I actually wanted to talk to Niall. Get to know him a bit." My dad says.

Great, I have a protective parent again. Cause that's what I've really missed.