Parents

Niall's POV

Spencer and I fell asleep in Lily's hospital room. We curled up on the chair and passed out last night. I was the first one awake this morning when the nurse walked in. She checked on Lily and left. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I just rested with Spencer. I thought about some stuff. I was leaving in 2 weeks for a two month tour around Europe. Spencer and I had just gotten together. We could probably last the separation. We were doing good in our relationship. I just realized something. We haven't even kissed yet. Well, I'm not going to kiss her in the hospital. I want to find the right moment. It will be our first kiss. Lily woke up shortly after I finished that thought and smiled lightly.

"Hey." She almost whispered.

"Morning. Are you feeling better?" I ask.

"I guess." She says and shrugs.

"At least you have all summer to relax. Then only one more year of high school right?" I ask and she nods.

"Can you call my parents?" She asks.

"Actually, we just did." The doctor said as she entered.

"Hi Doctor Mueller." Lily says.

"How does your arm feel?" She asks.

"Sore, but better." Lily answers.

"I'll send your parents in." She says and walks out.

I wake Spencer up. She smiles at me and looks worriedly at her sister. Then her parents walk in and the fear rises, unsure of what they are going to say. She was already on thin ice in their relationships.

"My baby! What happened?" Her mother yelled when she walked in. She then hugged her.

"I did it to myself." Lily says and looks her mother in the eyes.

"Spencer is this true?" Their father asks.

"Yeah. Niall and I went to get breakfast yesterday and Lily was passed out on the bed with the cut on her arm." Spencer answers and her father only nods and then looks at Lily.

"Why?" Their mother asks out loud.

"She's been bullied because Niall and I are together." Spencer answers.

"Then I'm afraid you won't see your sister for awhile." Her dad says and Spencer's eyes fill with tears.

"No. That's not fair." Spencer says and her voice breaks.

"It's fair for Lily." He says.

"No it's not!" Lily shouts.

"Lily be quiet. Spencer, I'm sorry, but things aren't going to get better for us as a complete family. We will never be a complete family again, so you better find a new one." He says bitterly and Spencer's hand goes over her mouth. She remains silent as the tears fall. Her father turns his back on us as their mother stares at him concerned. No one says anything until he says something horrible to us.

"Neither of you are welcome here or at the house. I don't want any contact until Lily is 18 next February. You will not see her until then. It's what's best for Lily. Now, get out before matters get worse." He spats.

Spencer stares blankly with her jaw dropped. Her mother shakes her head and looks at Lily, who is sobbing. Her father remains turned. Spencer doesn't move until I touch her shoulder. She looks at me, shakes her head, and walks out of the hospital room. I follow, but turn to them before I leave.

"Lily, it'll be okay." I say and she nods. I turn to her parents.

"You should know this is the wrong thing to do. It's wrong to keep them separated. You're killing Spencer." I say.

"It's her fault. She's immature." The father says and I feel anger rise in me.

"She's not the one who spends their entire life at work or on vacation and leaves a teenager at home almost all the time." I spat and leave.

I find Spencer paying for the parking garage. She's not crying anymore, but her eyes are still red. I stay silent. We get into the car and drive back to our apartment. Spencer came out into the living room and threw her comforter in our laundry basket. She stopped at her bedroom door. She was still and silent. I left her alone. She needed time to think.