Final

Niall's POV

I woke up with our legs intertwined and holding her close. It's almost like my body was telling me to never ever let her leave like that again. As soon as I turned around the other night, I hated myself. I wanted to punch myself in the face. And when I didn't look at her on the laptop, I felt even worse. I could sense her crying, but couldn't gain the courage to look at her. That was mainly because I was crying, too.

That's when I left and got the first plane ride I could to see her. I was terrified that she wouldn't be here when I got back, but Eleanor kept me informed on what was going on. She kept me updated just in case Spencer was planning on bolting. Thank god she didn't. We worked everything out. We didn't even have to talk about it really. We just felt that we were alright.

*

Spencer started to wake up. I couldn't help but gaze at her. Man, I love her. She opened her tired eyes and stared at me. I smiled at her. In one swift movement, popped up and kissed me. She broke off and I smiled at her.

"Good morning to you too." I said and she laughed lightly.

"Morning." She said and laid down on my chest. My left arm looped around her upper body and hugged her closer to me. She sighed calmly.

"We're good together, you know?" I say.

"Yeah. I like us." She says and looks up at me. I kiss her lightly and she smiles.

"There's not one person in the world I'd rather be with than my best friend." I say.

"Aww. You're corny." She teases and I laugh.

"I'm serious." I say.

"I know. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. Except maybe..." She pauses and I stare at her. Really? I'm romantic and she picks now to tell me about some crush.

"Maybe that blonde boy from One Direction. Neil? Yeah that's his name, Neil." She says and I smile.

"I think it's Niall and he's way out of your league."

"No! I'm way out of his league!" She says and grins at me.

"That you are." I say and she smiles.

"And I'm still pretty sure it's Neil." She says and kisses me.

"You can call me whatever you want, as long as we're happy together." I say.

"Well, to be honest, I like Niall. It suits you better." She says.

"Good. I like Niall better too."

"It's a real downer question, but when do you have to leave?" She asks.

"Tonight." I answer and she sighs.

"Lame." She says and I laugh.

"Yeah, but it's my job. I need to be there to hop on the tour bus at our next pit stop."

"Still lame." She says.

"How?"

"Lame for me, I mean." She says and I nod.

"Yeah. It is lame for you." I tease, and she just laughs about it.

"Well, time to get up and do stuff." She says and lifts herself off of me. She stretches and pulls her hair back into a low ponytail. I smile at her from behind. Beautiful. She must sense it somehow, because she turns and smiles back. She stands up from the bed. I see she is wearing the sweatshirt from Ireland. I find myself smiling at her presence yet again.

"You're so smiley today." She says and walks out the door.

I stand up, stretch, and follow her out to the kitchen. She's digging through the fridge. I walk up next to her and place my arm around her hip. She smiles and continues shuffling things in the fridge until she finds what she's look for. Cinnamon rolls. I grin and she laughs at me slightly before she closes the door. She turns on the oven. Spencer boosts herself up on the counter while she waits for it to heat up. I walk over and place my hands on her thighs.

"Hi." I say and she smiles.

"Hi." She says and gives me a peck on the lips. After, I hug around her waist and rest my head on her chest. She runs her fingers through my hair repeatedly massaging my head. It's my favorite thing she does besides make me crazy about her.

I relax on her. I close my eyes as she continued. I actually felt peaceful like this. She makes me so happy.

I knew now, that we could fix our problems easily if we weren't stubborn about it. We just proved that our relationship was sound and we were meant to be together. We are best friends. We have been for over half a year now. The only thing that's changed is that we're in love. Truly, madly, deeply in love with one another and no question, or spat, is going to change that. Yes, we'll disagree and yes, we will have our fights. However, true love works out. And I'm never going to quit or let her walk away. I found my one and only. With Spencer, it'll be alright.