Lily, No

Spencer's POV

"So when are you going to set me up with Niall?" My sister asked me for the sixth time today.

"Never."

"Why Spence?"

"Because he's older than you, you're just a little punk, and a lot of other reasons."

"Like?"

"He's my best friend!"

"You like him!"

"Do not!" I shout and she grins at me evilly.

"I do not!" I repeat and she keeps the face.

"Stop staring at me like that!" I shout and her face calms.

"Well, be honest, do you have a crush on Niall."

"I don't have a crush. I'm not in middle school."

"Fine. Do you fancy him?" She says and I have to think.

"Earth to Spencer?" She says and claps her hands in my face.

"I think I do." I say and feel myself blush instantly.

"You do! Forget about me and Niall! We need to set this up! Like now!" She shouts and I cover my ears.

"Calm down. If it happens, then it happens."

"C'mon! Snatch him up!"

"Lily, no. Calm down."

"I won't calm down!"

"Then I'll say goodbye. I'm going back to the flat."

"Go get him!" She shouts out the window when I get in my car. Freak.

When I get back, there's a note under the doormat.

'Hey,

I think we should work things out. I've always liked you and want to get back to what we had.'

Great it's Sam. I keep reading.

'I haven't seen you in ages. I hate that. I'd love to see you soon. I got your address from some fan website. It's pretty crazy now isn't it. It's been five years since you were back here.'

That's not Sam

'Let's go on a date like old times,

Merida.'

Great. It's not Sam. It's Niall's past girlfriend. I'm screwed. I walk in and see him on the couch staring at the TV.

"Someone left you a note. I didn't read it. I left it under the mat when I came in." He says.

"Actually, it's for you. I did read it. It's from a girl named Merida."

"What? What did she say?" He asks.

"She said she wanted to go on a date with you like old times."

"But she dumped me before I even tried to auditioned for the xfactor!"

"So what are you going to do?"

"Should I give her a chance?" He asks. I almost respond by telling him I thought he liked me.

"Sure." I say. I'll be the better person.

"Really?"

"Sure." I repeat. That killed me more than the first one.

"I'll go call her now then." He says.

"I'm going to meet Alaina for coffee." I say and he shouts okay back.

I call Alaina and she agrees to meet me at a Starbucks downtown. I need her advice because I honestly don't know why I just did what I did. Why would I set the guy I fancy up with some girl that dumped him years ago? Am I that stupid? Does he really not like me like I thought? Thank god I didn't jump on it like my sister said to. He probably would have dumped me for this Merida chick. I need Alaina and I need her now.