Pub Dub

Spencer's POV

I came out of the bathroom and tripped over my suitcase. I almost hit my head on the wall.

"Get dressed! We're going out!" I hear Niall shout.

"Alright. Fine.'' I shout back. I take out a pair of grey skinny jeans, a black baggie blouse, and black pumps. If he was taking me out, I might as well look good. I curl my hair and do my make up. I'm done in about 15 minutes. I walk out and find a gleaming Maura.

"Don't you look pretty." She smiles.

"Thank you." I laugh and throw my stuff in my suitcase.

"Niall! Come see spencer!'' She shouts and I laugh.

"I see her all the-oh you look nice." He says. I feel a light blush and it goes away as soon as it came.

"Are you saying I don't usually look nice?" I ask.

"No! I'm just use to yoga pants and boot cut Spencer!"

"Calm down." I laugh.

"Well! You two go have some fun! Don't be gone too long!" Maura says.

"Shall we?" Niall asks. I laugh because he wriggles his eyebrows like he usually does when someone says something dirty.

"Sure." I say and take my phone. If Niall was taking me out, he was paying for it.

We head to a some popular pub he likes. It was big inside and he left me at the table while he went to get beer. We had taken a cab here, seeing I planned to have a beer, and lord knows Niall would have at least two. When he came back, he placed the bottles on the table.

"So, why did you get all weird this morning?" He asked.

"Because I was laying on you. I never lay on people like that."

"You were keeping me warm."

"So? We were way to close."

"You don't like snuggling?"

"With my boyfriends? Yes. With my guy friends? No."

"Fine. Fine." He says and looks to one side of the room. I give him a weird look.

"I'll be back in a minute." He says. He stands up and leaves me at the bar table, taking his beer with him. I can't imagine how much of a loner I look like, so I scroll through my twitter feed. Why I do? I have no idea. All I got on there was shit. The girls actually liked Alaina and Eleanor and the other girls. They thought Rachel was just Harry's friend. So, by default, I'm everyone's least favorite. I'll sometimes get girls that love me, but rarely. The hate didn't matter. Niall didn't know them or car about them the way he did his friends or the fans that actually liked me. I never told him, but one day a girl asked me if I thought Niall belonged in the band. I stopped myself from murdering her and asked what her problem was. I defended Niall because it was fans like those that bugged me the most. Fans that didn't like Niall. I had no idea what her problem was, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I found one nice comment today. She said she loved Speniall, our ship name, and me. I took a picture of the tweet and tweeted her a heart. Just as I was scrolling a guy came up to me. He looked younger than me, but only by a year or two. I gave him a smile, thinking maybe he was a fan. They had guy fans once and awhile.

"Hi." He breathed and I smile.

"Hey."

"Can I buy you another beer?" He asks. I notice I drank my bottle already.

"Sure." Free beer was free beer, even from a stranger. He comes back with an even bigger smile than before.

"So what's your name?" I ask.

"Sam. What's yours?"

"Spencer. What brings you to my table?"

"My friend said I should talk to you. I had apparently been watching you for the past 10 minutes." He laughed and I joined in.

"Can't blame you." I joke and he laughs again.

"So, that's not an Irish accent. Where are you from?" He asks.

"London. How about you?"

"Right outside the city. What are you doing here?"

"Hanging out with my friend, who ditched me."

"I'll stick around if you want me to."

"Sure. Why not?" I laugh.

Sam and I talk for about an hour. He gets me another beer about halfway through the conversation. I turn in my seat look around for Niall during that time, but I can't find him. So, I just go back to talking with Sam. He's in Ireland visiting his brother. He was going back to London in 2 weeks. He was a cool guy. I skipped around the topic of Niall. He never asked about my friend. He just asked about me. It was easier to say I was unemployed. I did tell him, however, about my sister. He asked if I had siblings and I had said "Yeah. One troublemaking sister." He was huge at cracking jokes and sarcastic. He was really fun to be around.

About 2 hours after abandoning me, I spot Niall come waltzing back. He has a smile, that disappears when he sees Sam.

"Hey Spencer!" He says and slings his arm over my shoulder.

"Hey! Sam, this is my friend Niall. Niall, this is my friend Sam." I say.

"Nice to meet you." Sam says and sticks out his hand. Niall doesn't even acknowledge it.

"So, Sam was keeping me company while you went off." I say.

"Cool." Niall says.

"Well, I better get going. I'll call you when I get back to London. We should hang out. Maybe for a date sometime?" Sam says. My face flushes.

"I'd like that. Lets swap numbers.'' I say and hand him my phone.

I take his and put my number in. The whole time I can feel Niall glaring at me. I try to ignore it. If punch him later for it.

"Thanks again for keeping me company." I say.

"I don't know if it's the beer but," he starts. He moves closer and kisses my cheek.

"Alright buddy! Go home." Niall shouts and the bar quiets down. It picks back up and Sam leaves.

"What the hell Niall?" I shout in the cab we hitch.

"The guys a douche. I could see it in his eyes." He says and stares out the window. I could tell it wasn't just that.