Can't

Niall's POV

I can't tell her that that idiot showed up at our flat asking for her. She's acting funny as it is. Plus she doesn't feel good. I don't want to make her feel worse than she already does.

She closes her eyes to relax, but I figure out she's asleep once I ask her a question about the sleepover and she doesn't answer. She had a long day anyways. I put a pillow under her head on the armrest and toss the throw cover over her. Then, head off to my room.

I wake up at 6am for a band meeting with Simon and Alaina's dad. We never called him by his surname. We just called him Alaina's dad. He asked us to.

I'm the first one there. I asked if he wanted me to bring Spencer. He said no. It was just a guys meeting. No girlfriends. Which is different because lately that's all we've been having meetings on. All about how they should present in public.

"Hey! Did Spencer make it home safe last night?" Liam asked when he arrived.

"Yeah. She felt like crap. Then I made her some soup and she said she felt a bit better. She was sleeping still when I left this morning." I answer.

"Alaina was all worried she was going to pull over and sleep in her car. I guess it was really bothering her. Alaina tried to let one of us to take her back. She wouldn't let us."

"That's Spencer for ya." I say and laugh.

Everyone else walks into the room, followed by Simon and Alaina's dad about 30 minutes later. We started our meeting. It was the general stuff. Alaina's dad had nothing but praise for us. He told us we were sold out for our next 8 concerts. That wowed all of us. It was crazy how many people bought tickets.

I left around 11am and headed back to the flat. Spencer turned to me when I walked in and looked really unhappy.

"What happened?" I asked.

"So Sam called me today," Shit, "And he said he talked to you last night."

"What else?"

"He said he tried to talk to you, but you shoved him out the door. And before that you took a swing at him."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't bother Niall. I know he's lying."

"Good-"

"Why didn't you tell me he showed up?"

"Because you were already stressed yesterday from the drama."

"Oh."

"I didn't want you to feel even worse."

"Thanks." She says and smiles.

'I hate it when you feel like that.' I think to myself. Saying it out loud would be wrong at this point.