Birthday Preparations

Spencer's POV

I called Niall last night to tell him I couldn't make it to his birthday. It's kind of mean to trick him like that, but I really want him to be surprised. I told him that I started working at Urban Outfitters and couldn't get the day off. Being Niall, he said it was absolutely fine. He asked me to come whenever I could because he missed me. Little did he know, I was in the hotel lobby to surprise him for his birthday. Louis came downstairs to sneak me into his room without him noticing.

Louis was successful. I hid my suitcase in his closet and ran into the big bathroom. I heard Louis close the main door. I got comfy on the counter and started playing Angry Birds Star Wars on my phone. I heard the main door open. I jumped in the linen closet in the bathroom and closed the door quietly. I fit perfectly. I heard Niall humming outside the door.

He grabbed the handle and pulled open the closet door. He nearly leaped out of his skin. Then, he smiled. It was a huge grin. He pulled me out of the linen closet and hugged me tightly. My birthday surprise was a success.

"I thought you couldn't come!" He says and loosens the hug to look at me.

"Surprise!" I say and kiss him.

"You're amazing."

"You're why I'm here. Your birthday is tomorrow. What's the plan?"

"Well, we're in New York, so what do you think we should do?"

"Go to dinner together? Maybe go to a Dave and Buster's. It's like a bar and a arcade. Or we could just go to dinner and then chill out here."

"I think I like the idea of chilling out here. We can go to dinner, walk around, and then just relax here. We can hang out with the guys after."

"Yeah. I want to see them too."

"Then it's settled. We'll all have fun together and then we still get our alone time."

I walk into the bedroom area and I lay back on the comfy bed. Niall hops into the shower. I turn on the TV to some movie network. It's the newer Alice in Wonderland. I sit up and enjoy the movie.

Niall walks out of the bathroom in his boxers and comes to sit on the bed with me. He envelopes me in a hug and I snuggle into him. He's still a bit damp from his shower. I missed him so much and it's only been a few weeks. I can't even imagine how the rest of the tour is going to be. In a few minutes Niall is asleep. They did have a show tonight. He looked extremely tired when I came in. They're probably still getting the hang of these time zones. It's probably a sleep on your free time scenario. Which has to suck for them. I fall asleep soon after he does because I'm so comfortable. The time zones may be weird, but comfort is comfort. And Niall is in very very comfortable. Especially after not seeing him for a few weeks.