Never Regret It

Niall's POV

I walked into my room. I wasn't really going to call Merida. She was a bitch. I knew she just wanted to be with me now because I actually made it somewhere in life. She never believed in me before.

I was really hoping to get some reaction out of Spencer from it. I hoped she would have stopped me. She did look surprised, but she didn't stop me. Hopefully because she thought it was what I wanted. It had still disappointed me. I kind of wanted her to fight for me. Pathetic? Yes. Do I care how pathetic it is? Nope.

I heard Spencer yell that she was going to coffee with Alaina. It's pretty strange how I think back and vaguely remember the night I was drunk and kissed Alaina. It was just before Spencer. Everyone was in Italy and I thought I would never find someone I loved. You see, Alaina had walked me home from the bar and I got angry at myself. I didn't get what was wrong with me, so I kissed her. She was my best friend, so why couldn't she be more? That's drunk Niall logic. The kiss was weird. We both agreed on that. That's why I went for getting a fake girlfriend. And how I met Spencer. It was the right decision. I'll never regret it as long as I live.

I called Liam to ask him if he knew why Alaina and Spencer were getting coffee.

"What's up Niall?"

"Hey. Do you know why the girls were meeting for coffee?"

"Just for fun. Alaina said you did something stupid, though."

"Did she say what?"

"Something about a girl named Meredith."

"Merida."

"Your old ex girlfriend?"

"Yeah. She wrote me a letter that she misses me."

"Niall. C'mon."

"What?"

"Don't fall for that girl. She dumped you because she thought you were getting no where."

"I know."

"So why are you going to talk to her?"

"I'm not. I said that to see how Spencer would react."

"You're stupid."

"Yeah. I know. I thought maybe she'd try to stop me."

"Yeah I guess I understand. Well, Alaina did say that Spencer was mad. She didn't says why. All she mentioned was Meredith."

"Merida."

"Whatever!" He said and chuckled.

"Did I screw up?"

"No. You'll be fine. Just ask her out on a real date already? Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"You mean it?"

"Yeah. I'll ask her out Friday after our band meeting."

"Tomorrow is Friday."

"Oh. Well I better get to it." I say and hear the line click. Now all I needed to do was make a plan to ask Spencer out on a real date.