Chapter 1

Five years later...

Lisa groaned rolling over her bed, her hangover from drinking the night before making making itself present. She somehow managed to crawl to bed after she spent half the early morning on the bathroom floor curled around the toilet. She tried to recall the events from the night before. Unfortunately she was a bit hazy after the first four drinks. Last night was the celebration of her latest collaboration hitting number one. Per usual she was pulled in every direction giving interviews to reporters and pulled into small talk with anyone her manager thought was famous. She hated it all. All she wanted to do was to make music and be left alone. She was just falling back to sleep when her phone vibrated. She groaned again reaching on the night stand reading the text message, actually several texts.

12:37 AM from Rosé
Hey you left kind of early. Everything okay?

1:17 AM from Alice
Where are you?! This party is being thrown for you!

1:37 AM from Alice
Do you know how many people I'm having to lie to because you've disappeared?!

3:45 AM from Alice
You better be dead in an ally somewhere because that's the only excise for ignoring me.

Lisa rolled her eyes as she saw her manager's text. It was my party and I was tired of talking to people. She sent back then she scrolled to the next message, furrowing her eyebrows as she did not recognize the number.

7:35 AM from Unknown Number
What did you mean last night? Have you recovered?

"Who the hell is this?" Lisa asked herself. Maybe just a wrong number. She thought before reading the next 3 messages.

8:37 AM from Unknown Number
Are you up yet? I really want to talk to you Lisa! I haven't seen you in forever.

9:42 AM from Unknown Number
Okay now I'm starting to get a little worried. Please text or call me. I don't want you to disappear from my life again.

11:16 AM from Unknown Number
Lisa please.

"Okay who the fuck is this? I don't remember calling anyone." Lisa looked at the clock noticing it was only noon. So she got up ignoring all texts for the moment trying to piece any part of the night after midnight. She had really hit the alcohol early and was beyond gone by eleven. She decided that maybe a shower would help clear her thoughts or atleast make her feel a bit better.

After her shower she did indeed feel a bit better and was actually kind of hungry. She got dressed and made her way downstairs to fix herself a meal. While eating her cereal she tried to remember who she may have called last night. She checked her phone and saw a four minute call to the mystery number. She called the number, not the other way around. She finally gave up figuring it must have been a drunk dial to some randon number. She threw her phone to the side and turned on the TV.

Curiosity got the best of her though and she picked up her phone to text the number asking who it was. But as soon as she began to text, her phone rang and the myterious number popped up on her called id. She let it ring a few times before ultimately deciding to answer it.

"Hello?" She said coming out more like a question.

"Lisa! I was worried tou wouldn't answer." The voice said on the other end and Lisa immediately recognized the voice. Even after almost five years. Her heart began to beat frantically in her chest.

"Je-Jen!" She asked shakily.

"Yeah."

"How - how did you get my number?"

"Uhm you called me last night. You don't remember?"

"No. How did i get your number?" She asked. She was sure she deleted it after it mocked her for a full year after Jennie had gotten married.

Jennie laughed. "I don't know. I'm so glad you called though. I've missed you."

"Uh yeah. Me too."

"So why have I not spoken to you in almost five years?!" Jennie yelled. "You were my bestfriend aside from Jisoo. I mean all of a sudden you change your number and don't bother to ever call me again." Lisa could hear the hurt in Jennie's voice. But before she could say anything Jennie continued on. "I mean did our friendship not mean anything to you?" She almost whispered.

"Jennie of course it did, it does." Lisa closed her eyes, she wished she could explain why she had to cut ties with her. "You mean more to me than you'll ever know- "

"Then why? Why did you just vanish on me?"

Because I've loved you since the moment you barged in the dance studio and spoke to me. Lisa thought but she knows she could never say it outloud. She sighed "I.. just life you know...you got married and my carreer started to take off." She didn't completely lie. "People lose touch I guess."

"That's bullshit Lisa. What happened?" This wasn't the conversation that Jennie had in mind when she had called. But it seemed this was the way it was going.

"I...I can't talk about it Jen. Please?" Lisa sounded defeated.

"Can we get together? I'm in LA now." Jennie asked and Lisa bit her lip. She wasn't sure she wanted to go down this road but she'd be lying if she said she didn't want to see Jennie. "Please Lisa?" Plus she could never say no to her.

"Sure, when's a good time for you?" They made plans to get together for lunch the next day. After the hung up Lisa couldn't help the nervous smile that appeared on her face from the thought of seeing her bestfriend again. And even after all this time Lisa's heart fluttered. Could she manage seeing the woman who stole her heart without completely losing it?