Chapter 10

The following day Jennie had invited Somi over...to break up with her. After spending a wonderful weekend with Lisa and Eun-woo, she realized she had to end it with Somi. Her feelings for Lisa was getting stronger by the minute and she didn't want to wait any longer, especially if what Jisoo said was true. They had already wasted enough time. She knew in her heart that she had never been invested with her relationship with Somi anyway, and that was the real reason why Some never got to meet Eun-woo.

She was making dinner when there was knock on the door. She opened it revealing Somi.

"Hey babe. I'm glad we could get together." She leaned in for a kiss but Jennie turned at the last second making the kiss go to her cheek. Somi didn't seem to pick up on it. "No Eun-woo? I thought maybe you'd change your mind about me meeting him since we're fetting together during the week...and at you place." It's something that they never did because her sitter was still in college and busy during the weekdays. Plus she didn't like to leave her son after not seeing hin all day long. But tonight was an exception.

"Uh, no. He's with Jisoo and Rosé." Jennie went back to the kitchen.

They sat down at the table for dinner and started talking, well Somi talked, and Jennie mostly listened. Well pretended to listen, she was trying to find the right words to broach the subject. About twenty minutes into dinner Somi was still going on about her week and she couldn't help but inwardly roll her eyes.

Why did I ever agree to see her in the first place? Oh that's right, becase of my mom. She thinks Somi is the right person for me. But she's nothing like Lisa. Lisa... I wouldn't be sitting here pretending to listen to whatever she's going on about, we would be laughing and she would actually listen to her talk. God I just want to get this dinner over with so I can surprise Lisa at her studio.

She shook her head and set forth the task she asked Somi to come here for. She tried several times to interject but Somi kept ramling on. She finally got tired of it and it the middle of whatever sentence Somi was going on about she set her fork down a little more than necessary. "My week has been fine by the way. Thanks for asking." She interrupted, Somi looked at her strangely.

"Right, I'm sorry, I just keep going on about my week an saving lives." The conscending tone wasn't lost on Jennie. "How was your week, the kids you teach ready for the pros now?"

"Actually I think we need to talk about something else." As soon as she got the words oout of her mouth Somi's phone rang. She held up a finger signaling for Jennie to hang on phone and started digging for her phone out of her purse.

"Sorry but I have to get this." She stood and answered the phone out in the hallway. Jennie huffed and leaned back in her chair.

"Well that went well." She told herself.

While she waited for Somi to return her mind went back to a memory of her and Lisa back in their training days.

--------------
Lisa and Jennie placed their dinner on the coffee table and sat on the floor of their living room. Jennie got her phone out and started to send a text.

"What are you doing?" Lisa asked.

"What?" Jennie answered. "I was just going to send a quick text to Rosé."

"No no no no nope. No cellphones at the dinner table." She explained and grabbed Jennie's phone making the other woman pout.

"But we're at the coffee table." Jennie tried to argue.

"Yeah, because we're poor trainees that can't afford a dinning table. So the coffee table will do."

"But my phone?" Jennie whined and tried to reach for it.