Chapter 12

"Somi! What the hell are you doing here?"

The blonde stood up and hugged a rigid Jennie.

"I wanted to surprise you for not being able to get away the past few weekends. And when you said you couldn't go tonight because you were coming here, I thought, what a way to meet your old friend."

A speechless Lisa was standing behind Jennie. Like what the fuck? Does the universe hate me or something? She was pissed and she could tell by Jennie's posture that she wasn't happy either. When neither girl said anything Somi spoke again.

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

"I don't like to be ambushed." Jennie replied, her tone suggesting that she was definitely pleased.

Somi rolled her eyes. "Don't be dramatic Jennie. I just thought it would be a nice surprise. Come on sit down and we can all have dinner. I brought Irene since you said Lisa was single, I thought they might hit it off."

Lisa clenched her fist, she didn't like the way Somi was talking to Jennie.

"Are you kidding me? She doesn't even know her." Jennie turned to Lisa. "We can go if you want."

Somi interrupted again. "Jennie please. Just sit and we'll have dinner and get to know each other."

Lisa sighed. A part of her wanted to just get the hell out of that place, but another part of her wanted to get to know a little bit about the woman Jennie was with.

"It's okay, we can stay."

"You sure?" Jennie asked, her eyes full of concern. Lisa nodded and sniled at her and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Hi, I'm Somi, nice to finally meet you." The woman introduced herself and shook Lisa's hand. "This is Irene. She's another doctor that I work with." She introduced them. "I'm sorry I crashed your dinner, I just haven't seen my girl in a few weeks." She possessively pulled Jennie towards her. Lisa resisted the urge to roll her eyes. A part of her though wanted to smirk at Somi as she saw Jennie pull herself away from the other woman. They all sat down, Lisa sitting between Jennie and Irene and almost facing Somi. She saw Somi eyeing her suspiciously.

The waiter came to get their orders and Somi took it upon herself to order a bottle of wine.

"None for me thank you. I'll have water." Lisa interrupted her.

"Me too." Jennie added.

"It's fine. I'll take care of the bill if that's what you're worried about." Somi said smugly.

Jennie couldn't help but let out a huff. Wow. Really?

"Actually I have to be at the studio early tomorrow."

"Oh that's right! You're meeting Sabrina tomorrow right?" Lisa nodded at her. "She's got her own label. She's an amazing producer." She says more to Irene.

"Yeah, I heard about you before. You worked with Zico as well right? I loved his new album."

"Yes. I was the producer for that album." Lisa answered Irene with a smile.

"Yeah I heard you're a bigshot producer. I saw that you got nominated for a Grammy this year. Shame you didn't win." Somi faked a smile and everyone at the table could tell she was belittling her. Jennie huffed again and was about to say something but Irene beat her to it.

"Well, I'm sure her seven grammy's can more than make up for it." Jennie looked at Irene with a grateful smile and she saw the other woman winked at her while sipping her wine.

Lisa could see how tense Jennie was and mouthed 'it's okay to her.

"So Jennie told me that you guys recently got back in touch, is that right?" Somi continued.