Chapter 24

Lisa was sitting in the studio Monday morning when Sabrina busted through the door holding two coffees. "Hey man, I got you your favorite." She set it down and took the empty seat.

"Awesome, thanks! How was your weekend?" Lisa asked. "I saw that you and Hailee made headlines." She held up a copy of one of the gossip magazines and the blonde rolled her eyes. "'Sabrina Carpenter and Hailee Steinfeld (shown below) were seen taking an evening stroll along the famous Santa Monica Pier. We know the two met during one of Taylor Swift's party. Now the question is, exactly how close are the two?' Ohhh juicy." Lisa teased her then tossed the magazine at her.

"I swear we can't get any privacy. It's not like we were hiding, but come on! I just want to have a nice night with her and not be stalked by those crazy ass papparazi all night." Sabrina huffed. "Not only that, but Hailee's psycho of an ex-boyfriend saw the picture and has benn calling her, asking her what's been going on between us. They haven't been together in over a year. She had to block his number so he'd stop calling." She sighed and took a sip of her coffee. Lisa gave her a humorless chuckle.

"Sounds like Jennie's ex. She showed up at Jennie's apartment this weekend. She told her we were together and she freaked out." She sat up in her seat, her face hardening when she remebered how Somi pushed Jennie.

"We should do something about it, we can't beat them up and-"

"Who said we can't beat them up?" Lisa interrupted and Sabrina raised a brow.

"Uh...society? It's wrong Lisa. As much as we want to, it's not right. We don't beat people up. That's wrong Lisa, wrong." The blonde said reaching over and giving her head a playful pat.

Lisa glared at her and swat her hands away. They were silent for a few minutes as the two tried to think of something.

"Ooh I know! Let's get one of my security pay them a visit, I bet that will stop them!" The blonde said and Lisa chuckled rolling her eyes.

"I thought you said no beating people up?" She said sarcastically.

"I'm kidding."

"You sure?" Lisa teased.

"Yes duh. Let's just write a song about them." Sabrina replied with a smile.

"Ugh so diplomatic." Lisa answered playfully, grabbing her pen and notebook.

                      ————————————————-

A few weeks later Lisa and Eun-woo were snuggled on the couch, reading a book when Jennie came through the front door with a tired sigh. "Thanks for watching him babe." She walked over and gave both of them a kiss.

"No problem, you ko w I love spending time with him." Lisa replied making room for her on the couch. Her girlfriend sat down, snuggling closer to them.

"So how did it go?" Lisa asked as Jennie sighed once again, laying her head on Lisa's shoulder.

"This is the part I don't like, it's like a parent teacher conference. It's like half of the parents don't even know care that much. They only send their kids to dance class so that they don't have to take care of them for a few more hours. I would say something, like 'Hey Mrs.Robinson, Chloe could use a little more practice' and they'd be like 'Oh don't worry about her Ms.Kim, she'll figure it out sooner or later.'" Jennie said sadly. Lisa loved that about her, she has always been passionate in everything she did and believed in.

"Those kids are so lucky to have you babe." Lisa said. Before the other woman had a chance to respond Eun-woo interrupted.

"Lisa? Wead the book. Please?" He asked impatiently. Lisa kissed Jennie's temple and wrapped her arm around her shoulder, bringing her in even closer. Eun-woo moved to where he was sitting to both of their laps and Lisa continued to read her favorite Dr. Seuss book.

"Would you like them more in a house? Would you like them with a mouse? I do not like them in a house. I do not like them with a mouse. I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am." Jennie loved listening to her. She can feel her eyelids start to go heavy as she snuggled more into Lisa.

Once lisa had finished the book, mother and son were asleep on her. She silently chuckled as she figure out a way that she could get up to put Eun-woo too bed without waking Jennie. She moved a few inches and Jennie's head followed her movement, pulling herself even more closer to Lisa. Lisa sighed, she stared at her girlfriend's face while gently combing her fingers through her hair. She contemplated staying there but her arm, the one she was holding Eun-woo with, was going numb. She carefully moved again, finally managing to escape Jennie's embrace. She slowly adjusted the little boy in her arms and walked towards his bedroom, tucking him and kissing his forehead.

"I love you buddy." She whispered. She caressed his forehead, moving a piece of hair out of the way. She smiled as she saw him suckle his thumb and snuggled more into his bed. "I will do everything in my power to keep you and your mom safe." She gave him one final kiss and got up to go back to the living room. What Lisa didn't realize is that Jennie had woken up as soon as she got up off the couch and heard what she said. She didn't want Lisa to feel awkward about it so once she her turn around to give Eun-woo one more kiss she raced back to the couch. She rubbed her eyes to wipe the tears that were threatening to spill out and pretended to be asleep. While she waited for Lisa to come back into the living room she couldn't help but fall in love with her a little more. She had to surpress her smile as she felt her girlfriend slowly lift her head up to put a pillow under and the feel of soft hands gently carressing her face as she was lulled back to sleep.