Chapter 30

A few months later...

"Pam, it's two weeks before Christmas, we really wanted to be in the house by now." Lisa said into the phone.

"I know. And I'm working with the sellers to see if they can be out by this weekend." Lisa and Jennie decided to buy the house. It was perfect for a small but possibly growing family. They were supposed to to close on the house the week before and Jennie had been really disappointed when Pam shared the news that the family requested to stay until the New Year.

"Please do everything that you can. I'll pay for a hotel for a few weeks if I have to. I want Jennie and Eun-woo to have the best Christmas morning in the new house."

"I'll do everything that I can to make that happen Lisa."

—————————————————

"Jennie, are you sure about this?" Jisoo asked as they sat side by side at her office.

"I'm sure Chu." Jennie assured her and held out her hand for the other woman to hand her the vanilla folder.

"I'm not saying that I don't want this to work out, because I do. But before you sign this I need to know for all of your sakes that you are absolutely positive about this." Jisoo said in a very serious tone. Jennie sat up in the guest chair and looked her best friend in the eyes.

"Jisoo Kim, I am absolutely 100 % sure." She answered in the same serious tone. "I know what this means and I know this is life changing, but it's gonna be amazing."

"Good answer." Jisoo smiled at her and handed the folder to her. Jennie smiled and started signing each page where Jisoo instructed. Once done she sat the pen on the desk and took a deep breath. Jisoo raised a brow. "So...how do you feel?" She asked and Jennie grinned broadly at her.

"I'm feeling ecstatic Chu!" She squealed making the other woman laugh.

"I'm happy for you Jennie."

———————————————-

Rosé met Lisa and Eun-woo in front of Salt and Straw around ten that morning. The little boy sat on Lisa's lap on a bench out front, happily eating his ice cream while Lisa gave her a smile.

"Ice cream before lunch?" She asked, ruffling the boy's hair. "How did you get so lucky?"

"I'm supew good helpew Auntie Wosie." He said between bites.

"Are you now? Good boy Eun-woo." Rosé said and gave his head a gentle pat.

"He's not a dog Rosé." Lisa said scowling.

Rosé laughed and sat down next to her on the bench.

"Why did you ask me to come Lisa?"

"Right, I have no idea what to get Jennie for Christmas."

"I buys mommy gifts momma?" Eun-woo said handing the empty cup to Lisa who took it away and threw it in the trashcan next to them. "I gots money."

"Yes we'll get mommy presents buddy." She picked him up and put him on the ground, zipping up his jacket as it was a bit cool outside before the three of them started walking around the mall.

"Is jewelry too much?" Lisa asked while they were wandering around the mall.

Rosé raised a brow. "We can pop over to the jeweler up the way a bit if you'd like."

"But do you think it's too much?"

"Depends on what you're looking to purchase, I guess."

Lisa shrugged. "Hmm. We may as well take a look, considering I'm not finding anything."