Chapter 37

"Mommy! Wake up!" Eun-woo jumped on the bed in between them. "It's my biwthday! Mama! Wake up!"

Jennie groaned, glancing at the clock before turning to catch her son. "Baby, it's too soon to get up." She said as she tried to lay him back down between her and Lisa.

"No mommy, no. It's time for my pawty!" The boy had been excited for the past week now. They had made the mistake of taking him with them as they picked up the decorations for his party.

"I don't know buddy, I don't think it's your birthday today." Lisa teased sleepily as she turned over to her back. "I think it's some other little boy's birthday."

"Noo, Mama, it's my biwthday."

"It is?" He nodded. "How old are you then?"

"Thwee!" He yelled as he shoved three fingers about two inches from Lisa's face.

"Three!" She yelled in whispered in voice, matching his enthusiasm quietly. She knew Jennie was exhausted, having a rough week taking care of Eun-woo as he was a bit restless due to the cast on his arm. It was taken off yesterday. "You're so old." She said making him giggle. Jennie smiled at the exchange. She would never get how incredibly lucky she felt. She snuggled up against Lisa's chest for a second before Lisa kissed her head then spoke she spoke again. "You need to sleep, babe." Lisa said then looked at Eun-woo. "Buddy, why don't you come help me make some pancakes and let Mommy get some sleep." She suggested and the boy gasped in surprise.

"We gonna make pancakes?"

"Yep, let's go. We'll put everything you want on it."

"Okay!" He jumped off the bed and ran out of their bedroom, leaving Jennie and Lisa alone for a moment.

"He's so excited, should've known he's wake us up before dawn." Jennie said tiredly as she began to sit up, only to be pushed back down by Lisa.

"Nope, I mean it, you had a long week. Sleep."

"Babe, you don't ha - "

"No arguing. I got him. We'll pancakes and watch cartoons." Lisa gave her a quick kiss before getting up, Eun-woo yelling for her to hurry up.

                       ————————————-

Lisa came back into the room a few hours later, crawling back in bed with Jennie, who turned and snuggled into her side. "What are you doing back in bed?"

"Apparently five am is even too early for the birthday boy. He fell asleep as we were watching Spongebob." Lisa sighed, glad to be back in bed. "I would say we could fool around but I'm too tired to do that."

Jennie chuckled, giving her a kiss on the neck. "Welcome to parenthood."

                       ——————————-

Rosé arrived at Jennie and Lisa's house early to help decorate the house like she promised.

"It looks good in here," Rosé said. "Very...yellow...but good. I think Eun-woo is going to love it."

Jennie agreed. "He's going to freak when he wakes up from his nap."

"I can't wait for him to see his cake," Lisa said excitedly. She found a bakeshop that made Eun-woo his very own Spongebob cake. Lisa walked over to Rosé and grabbed some napkins, following her as they set the plates and silverware. While Jennie got Eun-woo ready upstairs.

                   ——————————

"Oh my God, I didn't know there were so many kids in Eun-woo's daycare class." Lisa breathed out tiredly as she met Jennie in the kitchen to help with the cupcakes and ice cream. She had only been going there about a month, after Hae-in, his babysitter had went back to school. Eun-woo was apparently a very well liked kid, no surprise there.