Chapter 4

On Tuesday the following week Jennie had just got home from her dance class, grocery shopping and picking up Eun-woo from the sitters when her phone rang. "Hello." She answered, struggling to get the grocery bags to the counter.

"Hey babe, I just got off work and was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner." Somi asked. Jennie sighed and started putting the groceries in their rightful place.

"Eun-woo and I just got home. He's exhausted already."

"Oh okay, how about Saturday? I think I can get someone to cover my shift."

"Actually I've recently got back in touch with one of my bestfriends and we're taking Eun-woo to the zoo." Jennie said. "She's the music producer that I've mentioned." She didn't know it but Somi rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you talk about her a lot."

"I do?"

"Yeah. Quite a bit actually. Lizzie or something like that, right?" Somi asked even though she totally knew the right name.

"Lisa." Jennie corrected. "So yeah, i haven't spoken to her in forever so we're going to hang out."

"Isn't she the one that all of a sudden stopped talking to you?" Some inquired while Jennie checked on Eun-woo who was eating his snacks while watching TV. She sat down on the couch.

"Yeah." She answered sadly.

"And now she just expects to barge back into your life and pick-up where you left off? Sounds like a bitch."

"What?!" Jennie yelled startling Eun-woo. She kissed the top of his head and motioned for him to continue eating. "No she's not a bi- you do not call her that ever! She is the furthest thing from being that!"

"Whoa, whoa. Calm down Jennie. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

"You're calling my bestfriend a bitch and expect me not to b upset? You don't know anything about her!"

"I'm sorry okay?"

"Whatever. I gotta go. I have to get Eun-woo ready for dinner." She hung up without giving Some a chance to respond.

—————————————————-
The next night Jennie, Eun-woo and Jisoo sat in the living room after finishing their weekly dinner. Eun-woo was watching one of his favorite shows while cuddling between the two women as they talked.

"So did Lisa apologize after walking out on you during lunch the other day?"

"Yeah. Though she still won't tell me why she freaked out and left. Did she say anything to you?"

"Nope. I'm not getting in the middle of whatever is going on between you two." Besides tearing Lisa a new one the other day. Jisoo thought. "You're going to have to find that put on your own. Are you getting together again?"

"Yeah. She wants to meet Eun-woo." At this Jisoo turned to her with raised eyebrows. "I know, surprised me too. She seems excited about it. We're taking him to the zoo." Jennie ran her fingers through her son's hair as he lay on her lap. Jisoo watched her for a minute, Jennie had gotten quiet and seemed to be thinking, a small smile on her face.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, bringing Jennie out of her daze.

"Huh? Oh. I was just thinking about that one time that we all went horseback riding at that ranch. Remember?"

Jisoo started laughing, "Oh my god yes!"

"Auntie Jichu, sshh, I watching cawtoons." Eun-woo interrupted.

"Sorry buddy." She said ruffling his hair. "That was the first and last time we ever did that." She told Jennie.

———————————————-