Chapter 5

Saturday came. Jennie was helping Eun-woo get ready for their date at the zoo. Not a date. She reminded herself, not that she wanted it to be a date. She had a girlfriend after all. But there's always something about Lisa, she had always seemed more than a friend. Like Jisoo. Well not like Jisoo. Jisoo's like a sister. Lisa is definitely not like a sister. It's just she's Lisa...it's different. Jennie shook her head trying to make sense of her thoughts.

"Hey love, you ready to go to the zoo?" She asked when her son jumped on her bed.

"Yeah! We see lions mommy? Lions?" He asked excitedly. She had told him about the trip a few days ago and he had been talking about it ever since. She walked over to the bed and tickled the child while giving him kisses all over his face. He squealed trying to get out of grasp.

"We are buddy! And we're going to see tigers and alligators and monkeys!" Jennie said just as excitedly and the little boy gasped.

"Monteys?!?"

"Yes! Monkeys! And you get to meet mommy's really food friend, Lisa." She leaned up, standing him on the bed and straightening his blue shirt and tan cargo pants. "You gotta be nice to her okay?" He nodded as she ran his fingers through his hair. "She made the CD that you like."

"She make that fow me mommy?" He asked making Jennie smile.

"She made it for mommy before you were born."

"Maybe she weally like you mommy." He said taking her by surprise. She didn't have time to process anything as her son continued. "She make one fow me mommy?" She kissed him on the cheek.

"Maybe bud. But you gotta be really good at the zoo okay?"

"Uh huh mommy." She helped him off the bed and followed him out of the room.

                —————————————————-

Lisa stood outside the apartment door rubbing her sweaty palms on her jeans. She was nervous about meeting Jennie's kid. She wanted to make a good impression. She knew if he was anything like his mom that she would love him, she just hoped that he liked her as well. She shook her nerves and knocked on the door. She could hear Jennie's muffled voice inside getting closer. The door opened and she had to look down to meet the face that opened it.

"Hi!" The small boy said with a toothy grin and Lisa knelt to be on his level.

"Hi. You must be Eun-woo. Am I right?" She asked just as Jennie appeared behind him.

"Buddy, what did I tell you about opening the door?"

"Not a stwangew mommy. We go to zoo with hew wight?" He answered cheekily.

"Hard to argue with that logic huh Eun-woo?" Lisa said grinning and the little boy nodded. "My name's Lisa." She was not sure if she should hold out her hand for him to shake, but Eun-woo, much like his mother just flung his arms around her neck, taking her by surprise. She smiled shyly and gently patted his back. Once the hug ended she stood up taking in Jennie's appearance. "Hey, you look nice." She complimented and leaned in for a hug. Jennie hugged her tighly to hide her blush.

"Thanks, you too." She relased her and both women shuffled their feet awkwardly. Lisa took a deep breath and looked at Eun-woo again.

"So you ready to see some monkeys? They're my favorite."

"Mine too." Jennie added, Lisa looked up and smiled.

"Lions! My favowit is lions!" Eun-woo exclaimed. They piled into Jennie's car since she already had the little boy's car seat and stroller loaded into it. They had decided to grab lunch at the zoo since they wanted to see as much they could before Eun-woo's nap.