New Defence Against the Dark Arts Tearchers?

How do you think she would react if she found out we were actually learning?

Y/n's POV:

Umbitch had the audacity to view our classes for the next four weeks.

She asked students questions, (mainly her ass kissing Slytherins,) and embarrassed a lot of teachers.

Though, we all knew it was up for her in transfiguration.

And we were right.

McGonagall ate the pink ball up and spat the chewed gum in the bin.

And yesterday, she got Trelawny fired.

It would've been worse had Dumbledore not appeared out of thin air after weeks of being MIA.

Ron had made the quittich team as keeper (with a little help from Hermione,) and Hermione had noticed Harry's scar on his hand.

She made some murtlap essence which immediately soothed Harry's aching hand and I stuck my also slightly pained hand in the mixture.

To be honest, I think covering the wound made it hurt more.

Hermione went all off on us for not telling her about the detention(s) earlier, reminding me much of Molly.

I sent Dad a coded letter, explaining the Umbridge situation and he seriously considered pulling me and sending me back to Beauxbaton's before Uncle Moony convinced him otherwise.

I was scared at how set on the plan he was.

It would've probably been worse if I told him about the quill.

Boy could I use that notebook this year since there's been rumors going around that our mail's being checked.

On a completely different note; earlier this week Hermione mentioned something about me and Harry teaching Dark Arts since we're clearly not learning anything.

Harry didn't want to speak further on the subject of course and I didn't really know what to think about it.

I don't want to embarrass myself in front of people, yet they do need to learn some self defense because Voldemort could very well be lurking outside of Hogwarts right now and they wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

As we're sitting in the library, searching for potion ingredients for Snape, Hermione brings up what I know's been on her mind for ages now.

"I was wondering," Hermione started slowly, "whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Course I have," Harry says grumpily. "Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us —"

"I meant the idea Ron and I had" - Ron cast her an alarmed, threatening kind of look; she frowned at him — "oh, all right, the idea I had, then — about you and Y/n teaching us." She looks over at me now.

"Will you do it Y/n? Please?" Hermione gives me a pleading look.

I hold in a breath for a few seconds, watching her; a desperate look across her face.

I let put the breath, giving up.

"Oh, alright. I suppose people need to learn something."