Christmas Shopping

"You said it's made by Hephaestus?"

Y/n's POV:

Harry had been sneaking into my room every night since we've been back here in this cursed home.

It's been very comforting for me with everything going on at the moment.

On top of me having to basically leave everything behind and go back to a school in which my only friend from there graduated, Arthur's attack had been adding weight onto all of our tired shoulders.

Even though we got the news that he would be alright, all of the Weasley kids are still anxious which is making me anxious.

And adding to everything going on, I still haven't gotten anyone's Christmas gifts.

And Christmas is in four days!

So maybe later I will-

"Y/n!"

I look up from my porridge that I had been pushing around.

"I have to go shopping and Remus said I have to go with someone, would you come along with me?" Hermione asks.

"Sure, I have to shop as well."

I take a small bite of porridge and dump the rest into the bin when Dad is turned around.

I run up the steps to grab my pocketbook and head out the door with Hermione.

We walk to the village and go into a few shops.

After we go in almost all of the shops, I still hadn't found the right gift for Harry.

We go into the last shop which has a weird assortment of items.

There's weird things from rubber rats, (A/n: *cough cough* scabbers *cough*) to diamond earrings.

"Weird place huh?" Hermione says as she flicks a green snow globe with the eye of providence in it.

"Yeah...definitely." I say as I pick up one of the necklaces that instantly changed to gold at my touch.

"Looking for something dears?" An old voice says suddenly, scarring me and Hermione half to death.

I'm pretty sure Hermione jumped a few inches off the ground.

"Oh, we-...we were just looking." Hermione says as she puts down a miniature cow statue that's balancing on a stick that looks an awful lot like a wand.

"Well, Christmas is right around the corner, surely you're shopping for gifts? Maybe a gift for someone so special that you just don't know what to get them? Hmm?"

"That's...surprisingly accurate." I say to the old woman.

"Oh I always know what my customers are looking for." She says and laughs, almost like a cackle.

She pats me and Hermione on the head and walks past us.

Once she's definitely not looking, Hermione and I pat our hair down.

"Let's see hmm? For the young lady with the red hair..." she says as she looks around the jewelry section of the shop.

Oh and yeah, I changed my hair to that strawberry blonde that Harry constantly tells me he thinks looks good.

"- I think this would be the perfect gift."

She turns around with a skinny silver chained necklace dangling from her hand.

"It's a 14 karat, white gold chained necklace made by Hephaestus himself way back in the day. I never have found the right person to take it with them until you. I think it would be a perfect gift for that young man." She places the necklace into my hand.