Chapter 73: Wedding Vows

Leigh's POV
The journey out of Bristol and to the wedding destination was torturous, it felt like I was never going to make it.
The butterflies in my stomach making me feel sick, my head playing out worst case scenarios on repeat, please let this be over.

"Leigh you alright?" Kaeyi said looking across the car at me.
"Yea fine" I lied and Kim scoffed, "No you're not, look at you your as white as a sheet".
Shutting my eyes I took a deep breath, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

I felt someone take my hand and squeeze it tightly, "Leigh it's your big day, loosen up a bit. Today is all about you and Ross" Katie said and I forced myself to relax.

However the panic returned as the car came to a halt at the familiar stone walls of the walled garden that was the location Ross and I had finally decided on for the ceremony.

"That's us here Miss" The driver said over the drivers seat and Kaeyi made a small squeal, "Just wait till you see what we have done inside".

Alex's POV
"Cheers lads" I said raising my hip flask to Ross and Trott as they did the same.
"Whisky!? Seriously mate!" Ross chocked on the choice of alcohol that I had filled it with.

"To relax the nerves" I laughed patting him on the back.
"I can't believe today is the day" Trott commented with a smile as he sorted Ross' crooked tie, but he swore as he caught his hand on the thistle buttonhole.

"You're telling me" Ross huffed fiddling with the cuff of his suit.
"Come on you big babbi smile!" I could hear Sips shout from where the guests sat.

Laughing I nodded to Sips, who had come with his wife and son, then turned back to Ross and Trott. "You'll be great, plus I'm so happy that I'll be your brother" I said patting Ross' shoulder before feeling my phone buzz in my pocket, "She's here!" I confirmed before leaving Ross and Trott at the front and walking up the aisle, smiling to Becca as I did so, as she sat talking to Sips' wife.

Here we go.

Leigh POV
"I can't stop my hands shaking" I mumbled as I seen Alex come over to us, to which he laugh at.
"Ross is just as nervous, but like I told him you'll be fine" Alex smiled taking my arm, "It's show time".

Kim, Katie, Hannah and Kaeyi first went down the aisle as Sparkles* sat playing his guitar lightly at the front, the girls standing with Trott and Ross. My heart felt like it was going to jump right out chest, I clutched onto my bouquet tightly and also onto Alex's arm. He gave a light squeeze back and be began to walk towards the wedding set up.

Sparkles* changed to play 'Tears in Heaven' and the guests stood up, slowly Alex began to led me down the aisle and I could hear people 'oooing' when they seen me, this was so strange! I normally actively avoided being centre of attention but here I with everyone's eyes on me.
Glancing up I seen Ross and my heart fluttered, his eyes were wide and a huge smile ran across his face, as I drew closer I could see tears in his eyes, he better not bloody cry! Kaeyi will kill me if I cry!

Smiling at Ross, Alex passed me over to him but not before kissing me lightly on the head, "You go girl" he said before going to stand with Trott and my bridesmaids.
Kaeyi came over and took my bouquet and Ross instantly took my hands in his, "You look beautiful" he said making me blush.

The celebrant stepped forward and smiled at the both of us before addressing the crowd, "I welcome you all here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Leigh Smith and Ross Hornby" she said before turning to Kaeyi who stepped forward and began to read a piece of paper she had;

"This is Nothing gold can stay. By Robert Frost"
"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."