Chapter 32: Siblings

Alex's POV 

"Good day! Well night" I said to the stream as we signed off after a very successful returning stream.

The fans had been amazing and understanding about how the streams were stopped over Leigh's period in hospital but they were so happy to have them back.

Taking off my headphones I placed them down on the desk and pulled my fingers through my hair. Glancing at my watch I yawned, ’01:30'

Only a few people remained, being Sparkles*, Sam, Lewis, Hannah and Kim. Trott and Ross had already went home, even though Ross had been adamant on staying over at mine and Leigh's flat again tonight. I had declined the offer knowing that he had plans to see his family.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow" I waved to the guys as they packed up their own things.

Time to get home.

Grabbing my coat and Leigh's wheelchair, I walked through to the studio where I had left Leigh with Sparkles*.

"Hey Sparks*" I said walking in.

"Shhhhh!" He hushed me pointing at Leigh who slept soundly on the sofa, Apollo curled up next to her. If Simon was here right now he would freak.

"How long has she been asleep?" I questioned quietly trying my best to pick her up.

"She konked out at about 11" he said with a smile grabbing his jacket.

"Aww bless her" I commented picking her up as Sparkles* placed Apollo into his carrier.

"I'll give you a hand to the car, no point putting her in the chair to take her out again" he offered kindly and I accepted the offer carrying Leigh in my arms.

-~-

Getting Leigh home and into bed was a lot more difficult without the lads helping but I managed. 

With a sigh I looked at her as she lay in her bed, what hell was she going through that was causing these panic attacks?

*meow*

Apollo rubbed his little body against my trouser leg so I picked him up and took him to get some food.

"Here you go little guy" I said placing down the ceramic bowl on the floor. Greedily he slurped the bowl of kitten milk. I grabbed myself a glass of water and leant against the kitchen wall.

'03:25'

It was late but I didn't feel like sleeping.

*meow*

Apollo looked up at me, his chin white with milk.

"I'm glad Leigh has you Apollo, she won't talk to me, she won't talk to Ross either, I feel useless. I'm her big brother, she should be able to talk to me" feeling the tears rise I wiped them away before they could fall.

“Alex...?"

Nearly jumping out my skin I turned to see Leigh at her bedroom door, her blanket with a wolfs head on it, wrapped around her slim frame, her brown hair framing her dark ringed blue eyes.

"Oh Leigh I'm sorry if I woke you" I apologised trying to hide the tears.

I looked into her eyes and could tell that she had heard me talking to the cat.

Slowly she walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist, "I'm so sorry Alex, I'm so sorry" she sobbed. 

Hugging her back I let my own tears fall, “It's okay Leigh, your okay”.

Leigh's POV 

Sitting on the sofa I sat cuddled up next to Alex as I told him about my flashbacks. I could feel his gaze on me the whole time and could tell he was holding back tears as he would take sharp intakes of breath when I told him about the scenes in my head.

"You can't tell Ross, you have to promise me you won't tell Ross!" I pleaded looking round at Alex, his gingery brown hair messier than normal, his eyes bloodshot.

He nodded slowly and hugged me tightly, "I won't tell him, if you promise to talk to me and not fight things by yourself, I'm here for you”.

I let the tears fall again and I could hear Alex sobbing lightly.

This is how it felt to have a big brother. Someone to laugh and cry with, someone who's always there, a best friend.

We had never been closer. 

Authors Note

Update!! (Slightly shorter up it's an update)
Sorry for lack of updates but I have exams in a couple weeks.
But on the other hand THANKS FOR 12,000 READS AND 800 VOTES
ITS AMAZING!!!
Hope you are still enjoying, please tell me and comment any ideas or things you would like to see in this fanfic
~Leigh xxx