Chapter 2: No Way......

Alex’s POV

I still couldn't believe I had a little sister. If it hadn't been for Lewis seeing the small story in the newspaper I would never had learned about her. I still remember the story; 

“19 year old Leigh Smith has been left without a family when a Car accident kills her Aunt and Uncle, who she had been living with since her parents died after her birth. A search is underway to find relatives as she had no other known family”. 

Running around like a silly thing, I made the last preparations for her arriving. Luckily I had gotten a two bedroom flat so was able to give her her own room. Hannah and Kim had helped me decorate it and fill her wardrobes; I wasn't exactly the best at getting stuff for a young adult like herself. 

And now, well I had sister, well half sister technically, same Mum different Dad. Either way she was now under my care, well at least until she got her own job and place, but there was no rush for that.

I was just wondering what she was going to be like!

 *Knock Knock* 

My heart raced as I ran to answer the door, a bright smile on my face. I was welcomed by the care worker that I had had a lot of contact with, a huge grin on her face. I looked behind her to see Leigh as she stood there, her eyes wide, had I scared her? 

“Um…. Hi, I’m Alex, it’s nice to finally meet you” I said as friendly as I could, a grin on my face. She blushed looking down at her feet, her light blue eyes avoiding my gaze, long brown hair framing her face. 

“She’s shy” Louise said shaking my hand, “Come on Leigh say hello” she pleaded while Leigh continued to look at the floor.

“Eh hey” she finally said finally looking me in the eye.

Leigh’s POV

I couldn't believe it was him! I had been told my brothers name was Alex Smith but I never thought it would be this Alex Smith. I wasn't a huge fangirl but I knew enough to know who he was and what he did. 

When he had opened the door I instantly felt the blush in my cheeks and tried to hide it but it was so obvious.

“Okay so Leigh, if you need anything I’m just a phone call away, have fun” Louise said which snapped me out of my thoughts. She hugged me tightly before leaving me with Alex, who stood in the door way, and as a little note he was a lot taller than he looked in his videos. He smiled and offered to take my bags which I agreed to with a quick nod. 

“So… your my little sister” he said as he shut the door behind me. I nodded still in shock and not knowing what to say. “You don’t talk much, do you?” he questioned placing my case in next to the bedroom door.

“Sorry…” I muttered looking down again. He looked concerned, “Hey don’t worry about it, you have been through a lot this last month, you talk when you want to” Alex smiled again which made it impossible for me not to smile back, “That’s better” he laughed. 

“If you want to unpack that’s your room there” Alex said pointing to the door next to the bathroom.

“Thank you” I said with a small smile, “Sure” he grinned as he made us dinner.

-~- 

I went to ‘my’ room, and as soon as I walked in I grinned from ear to ear with happiness. Green wallpaper made the room nice and bright, a bed and bedside table at once side and a wardrobe and desk on the other side. The desk was kitted up with a computer monitor, top of the range keyboard and mouse.

“Wow” I gasped placing my case on the floor and rucksack on the bed. Sitting down on the single bed I looked around, it was an amazing. 

“Do you like it?” I jumped to see Alex leaning against the door frame. 

“I love it, Thank you” I smiled, and he smiled back, “I had help but I’m glad. Pizza will be ready in 15 minutes, feel free to unpack or whatever” Alex said before leaving me to my own devises. 

I jumped up and went to the computer switching it on and instantly loaded up YouTube and clicked on ‘My Subscriptions’. A new ‘Hole Diggers’ episode, brilliant!

I watched it chuckling to myself as Duncan, Lewis and Simon went about their crazy ways.
“Well… that’s interesting” I nearly jumped out of my skin as Alex stood behind me looking at the video. 

I felt my cheeks go bright red, “I’m not a crazy fangirl I swear!” I pleaded and Alex just laughed, “At least I now understand why you looked spaced out when I opened the door”. 

“Yea, it was a shock” I admitted rubbing the back of my neck. 

“Well pizza is ready” he said and I followed him to the small kitchen table were we ate and talked about the last few months and how he learned about me.

“Thank Lewis for me” I said as he told me about the newspaper article.

“Why don’t you thank him yourself?” he smiled, running his hand through his gingery brown hair. 

I raised an eyebrow, “What you mean?” I questioned. 

“You mean you don't want to come to work with me tomorrow?” he said with a smirk. 

“What YES of course I do!” I nearly shouted flinging my arms around his broad shoulders before pulling back almost immediately, “Sorry…..” I blushed. He laughed, “Don’t mention it, your my little sister after all”.