Chapter 74: Photos

Leigh's POV

"I love you Ross" I said as I gave him another kiss as we reached the end of the aisle and waited as the cameraman set up to take the individual and group wedding photos.

Ross put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him, "I love you more Mrs Hornby" he chuckled but next thing I know I'm bombarded but congratulations and complements as many of the guests got up and talked amongst themselves.

"Congratulations dear" Ross' mum said giving me a kiss on the cheek, "I'm so happy to have you as a daughter in law".

"Thank you" I managed to utter before I was dragged by my arm by Kaeyi and Katie, "Bridesmaids photo" Kaeyi said with glee and I rolled my eyes, "I love you girls but man you're hard work" I said and Hannah and Kim laughed, "We would be boring if we weren't" Kim said and I chuckled in agreement.

After what seemed like a few hours most of the photos had been taken and only a few remained, "Can I get the bride and her bother" The photographer shouted over the noise of the guests.

"Sorry I'll be right back" I said to fellow Scotsman Nilsey who had arrived in a very smart kilt, it was great to see him again and I had only met him a couple of times in the past, but since we had both lived in Edinburgh we had something in common.

"There she is" Alex laughed as I struggled over the grass in my dress, "Hey you're not the one with a long dress and high heels on" I grumbled but smiled as my big brother put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed my tightly, "You've seen me in a dress before and I'm pretty sure you don't want to see that again" he said and I shuddered at the thought of the pink princess dress he wore to the Witcher advertising weekend in Stirling over a year ago.

"You've got that right!" I laughed and the cameraman began to move us into the positions that he wanted, "I feel like I mannequin" I said through my smile and Alex chuckled, "A very pretty mannequin".

"Okay, can I now get one of the best men, groom and the bride" The cameraman asked and I smiled as Ross and Trott came over and stood behind me with Alex. "Okay, one, two, three, smile!" he said and next thing I know I'm being lifted up by the lads and held on my side, "HEY!" I said in shock as the boys laughed at my surprise.

"Perfect lads, that's all I need" the cameraman then said and the boys gently put me back onto my feet, the three of them still chuckling away. Scowling at the two of them I began to walk away but Ross stopped me and pulled me back, "What now? No more lifting, I really don't want to hurl" I grumbled and Ross shook his head, "I've got a surprise".

Oh dear, a surprise, he said he wouldn't... however when I heard a familiar bark I turned to see Archie and Oscar practically pulling the kennel owner across the grass.

I could feel my eyes water as mine and Ross' fur babies ran towards us, "BOYS!" I cheered as they reached us, their whole bodies wiggling in excitement. As I looked closer at them I then noticed that they were wearing bowties on their collars, duck egg coloured to match the groom and best men ties.

I looked to Ross who was on his knees tickling Archie's belly and smiled at him, "Ross, did you come up with this yourself?" I asked and he nodded, "Yup, they are our body after all and I also have a picture to show you" he said and passed me his phone which had a photo on the screen.

The photo really did bring tears to my eyes, it was of Apollo, and like the boys, he had a small bow tie on, he didn't look impressed at all by it but it was still great to see him.

"Thank you Ross" I said giving him a hug which Archie and Oscar took as an opportunity to join in to create a family hug, and the four of us ended up on the grass, laughing like idiots as our guests looked on.

Finally pushing the lovable furry monsters off me I rolled away and Trott helped me to my feet, and the cameraman quickly caught a snap of Ross, Archie, Oscar and myself then we said bye to the boys and got into the cars to go to the reception location which was just up the road.

In the car I lay back in the seat and took a deep breath, "Wow, I'm already exhausted" I said and Ross scoffed, "And the day has only began" he said taking my hand in his.

"Are you not at all scared about what Alex and Trott have got prepared for their speech?" I asked and he sighed, "I'm terrified but they are my best mates, can't be that bad can it?".

Looking at him I rolled my eyes, "Oh yes it can, those guys know you more than anyone on this earth, you lived with them after all. I bet I will even learn a few things about you in their speech".

"We'll just have to wait and see" he said squeezing my hand.

A small car journey later we arrived at the converted barn that we had decided on for the reception, it was plenty big enough for all the guest to have their heals and a large dance floor and small stage at the far end. However as we came to a stop a smile crossed my face as I heard the sound of bagpipes, looking at Ross he grinned, "Thought you would appreciate a bit of Scotland on our special day".

Sadly I didn't have enough time to thank him as the car door opened and we were led out, but Ross kept a tight hold of my hand as we left the car and went into the building and were greeted at the door with "Please Welcome Mr and Mrs Hornby".

Our special day still had a long way to go.

<><><Authors Note><><>

Here is the next chapter. I'm sorry for the delay but I'm hoping to get into a routine with my updates. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to the next chapter.

Feel free to comment anything you want to see happen during the reception

xxx