Chapter 10: Better get used to the Camera

Alex’s POV

“Hey Leigh over here!” I called her over as she came into the common room with Sjin. Trott sat next to me his head on the desk and Ross sat at the other side of the room clutching a bottle of water; we hadn't done much this morning after last night. 

“Yea?” Leigh smiled slumping down beside me and unpacking her lunch. 

“Fancy a drop in spot on Shatblock or Hat Corp?” I asked nudging Trott but all I received was a thumbs up. Leigh smiled and nodded, “I would love to! Thank you!”

“Fine but maybe not for the next few days, don’t think I can deal with the squealing” I groaned rubbing my head. 

“I second that!” Sjin commented raising his hand, his mouth full of his lunch. 

“Shut it Sjin!” Leigh called back sticking out her tongue.

Leigh’s POV

After lunch I got to work editing the content from my recording with Sjin and uploaded the first episode: ‘Minecraft - Adventures of the Wolf #1 - A Journey Begins (Yogscast Complete)’

After uploading it I lay back in my chair and yawned, glancing over at the the bare shelves, ‘I really need to get some stuff for them’. I made a mental note to gather things from home.

“How’s the new job treating you?” Lewis stood at my door his arms full of new Yogscast merchandise. Laughing I jumped up to help him before he dropped everything. “It’s great, thanks again”. 

Helping with the merch I placed them down in the common room. 

“Leigh, catch” Lewis said throwing me a Honeydew plush, “Something for your shelves”. 

“Thanks boss” I smiled before turning to go back to my office.

“Wait, Leigh! You do know I’m expecting you in an introduction video on the main channel right?” I instantly stopped and looked at Lewis, a huge grin on his face. 

“Eh…. what…?” I mumbled my eyes wide. “Yup, and it’s tomorrow so be prepared, and no, there is no way to get out of it”, he chuckled before walking past me. 

“Great…”

-~-

So big day today!” Alex chuckled waking me up. 

“No I’m no going” I groaned pulling the covers over my head. 

“Come on! It was coming one way or another, it will give your channel a huge boost” he cooed sitting down on my bed. 

“I don’t do cameras” I insisted poking my head out the covers. 

“Aww Leigh, confidence will come, this is just the first step. I wasn't completely camera happy to start with, it was Trott and Ross that got me in front of a camera,” Alex tried to cox me out and sadly it was working. 

"Fine but no silly costumes".

-~-

I sat in the common room as it was being set up for the video. They had moved all the stuff from the front of the shelves to create a backdrop for the latest YogNews.

"Leigh, you okay? You don't look great?" Tom (Clark) asked me adjusting the camera. 

I shrugged and forced a smile, "I'm not exactly the selfie type not to mention the put my face in front of 7 million people type". 

Tom just laughed, "It's part of being in the Yogscast, defiantly since your a content creator".

I turned to the door when I heard it open and Lewis, Strippin, Kim, Alex, Ross and Trott walked into the room chatting amongst themselves.

"Ready?" Lewis asked me tapping my shoulder.

"As ready as I well ever be" I replied getting up from the sofa.

Authors Note

Writers Block is a b*****!

Also I'm getting a lot of work now from uni so I have a heavy work load along with 3 ongoing Yog-fics.

Anyway please Comment if you are enjoying and why :)

Love you all

~Leigh