Chapter 40: Going to the Zoo

Leigh's POV
"Where are we going? You didn't even ask me for the directions so what have you got planned?" I questioned Ross as we sat on the Number 100 bus. I was trying to think of all the stops that this specific bus did, but this was a bus I rarely used.
"It's a surprise", Ross chuckled, I was suspicious, he had obviously taken a lot of time with this plan.

The bus continued past Murrayfield Rugby stadium and up onto one of the upper roads then it hit me.
"We're going to the Zoo!!!"

The bus turned the last corner and we made our way off and looked up at the Edinburgh Zoo entrance.
"Yup! But that's not even the surprise!" Ross said a slight chuckle in his voice as he took my hand and led me inside.

Ross showed our tickets to the man at the entrance and we started to scale to the top of the Zoo.
Since Edinburgh Zoo was built on a hill, it's pretty steep and takes a lot of work to get to the top.

"Ross where are we going now?" I groaned as he kept walking and walking and walking. It had been years since I had been to the zoo, mainly because it was so darn busy and expensive.

"Just hold your horses, it's worth it I promise" He replied taking my hand in his and practically pulling me up to the top of the zoo.

There was only one enclosure at the very top and when we reached it a Zoo worker was there waiting for us.
"Are you Ross Hornby? The one with the request to feed the wolves?"

Wolves!!!

"Yea, but it's actually for my girlfriend" Ross replied and I stood there stunned.
The keeper nodded at me and smiled, "Well right this way, as the pack are ready for their breakfast".

Still in a daze I followed the keeper to the back entrance of the enclosure.
I could hear the whimpering and barking from inside but couldn't see any due to the wooden back of the enclosure.
Still gripping tightly into Ross's hand the keeper led us into an entrance, and their they were, about 11 grey wolves, their bodies shaking in excitement, the only thing separating us was a thin wire wall.

"Omg" was all I could mutter, a huge grin on my face.
"Well here's the bucket, hope you have a good throw" the keeper said snapping my daze.

I turned to Ross and threw my arms around him. "Thank you!" I nearly shouted and he chuckled, trying to keep his balance as I launched myself at him, "Your welcome, but you better get feeding before they get angry".

Nodding I took some gloves from the keeper and pulled out a chunk of meat from a bucket. I then threw it up and over the enclosure wall, the wolves dove for food and happily ate it as I continued to throw the meat.

My cheeks hurt from grinning as I flung the meat over the fence. I could hear Ross talking to the keeper as he took photos of me. I would normally be fighting to get my hands on his phone to delete them but instead I was happy enjoying this once in a lifetime experience.
"What is the name of the alpha male of the pack?" I questioned the keeper who pointed to the largest wolf of the back, his fur a mix of silver and dark gray, his eyes the colour of melted chocolate. "That's Runo, he's the alpha, and a pretty nice and kind one at that, we have never had any problem with him".
I grinned as I caught Runo's eye, he was beautiful, the prime example of a grey wolf.
I would never forget this! Never!

Alex's POV
"Trott just give me a sec! What's the hurry?" I shouted at him as I got changed to go out.
"No hurry except that I'm impatient and Sparks* is waiting for us down the road" Trott shouted back and I groaned, "Okay okay, I'll be through in a minute".

-~-

"So have you heard much from Leigh?" Sparks* ask me as we sat in the pub, a pint of lager in his hand.
"Not much, but she did send me this" I said clicking on a photo that Leigh had sent me, it was a photo of her and Ross standing in front of wire fence and just behind them stood grey wolves, 'Best day so far x' it had written under it.

"Wow I'm impressed" Sparks* said with a grin, "Seems like they are having a ball".
I nodded and put my phone back in my pocket.

We made our way through more drinks and some games of darts and pool and now sat teasing Trott.
"So when are you going to ask Katie the question?" I chuckled nudging Trott with my elbow. He just instantly blushed and Sparkles* and I pissed ourselves laughing.
"Okay guys who wants another?" I asked jumping up, "Same!" They both said holding up their glasses so I took note of their drinks and walking over to the bar.

"3 lagers" I asked the barman and turned when someone tapped my shoulder, there stood a girl in her early twenties, she was obviously pretty drunk due to the fact that she swayed while she stood smiling at me.
"Hey you, your hot, my friend is single, please go out with her" she slurred and I rolled my eyes.

"Katie what the fuck are you doing?!"

Turning on my heel I seen another girl of similar age storm across the pub. Even though she looked furious, she was really pretty, long brown hair pulled back into a pony tail, she was quite small but her main feature was defiantly her eyes that were a beautiful mix of green and blue.

"I apologise for my friend" she said calmly her accent was a bizarre mix of Australian and Southern English.
She then turned to her friend and began to tell her off like she was a misbehaving child.
"Now go sit with Georgia, Chloe and Hannah and behave!" She said and 'Katie' went off sulking.

"I am so sorry again, she's an embarrassing drunk. The names Rebecca but I prefer Becca" she said with a smile.
"Alex...." Was all I was able to say as I looked into her eyes.
Snapping from my daze I motioned to the bar, "Ummm.... Can I buy you a drink?"
"Sure, that would be cool" she smiled and my heart fluttered....

Leigh's POV
"What an amazing day!" I sighed as we lay in bed.
"Yea the pandas were pretty cool" Ross agreed and I snuggled closer onto his chest. I looked across the room at my new favourite plushie, a wolf plush with a tartan bandana around it's neck, while it sat on the chair.
"Thank you again, I'll never forget today or this whole trip" I yawned as Ross pulled me tightly into embrace, "I'm glad, but back to Bristol tomrrow".
"Yea, back to the craziness that its the Yogscast".

Authors Note
Bit of new romance :P
And some fluffy wolves!!!
Any ideas for this story?? Any LiveAction stuff you would like Leigh to be involved in??? Comment below??
Xxxxx