Chapter 52: Relationship Goal

"Just imagine the Yognaught's reaction to the news!" I squealed as Ross and I left the restaurant and headed back to Ross'.
"Yup the fan fictions will soar!" Ross chuckled taking my hand as we walked.

Squeezing his hand I smiled "Guess we were really lucky seeing the big moment they probably won't tell anyone until Monday in the office".

"Seems like it, after all Lewis had sworn us to secrecy" Ross agreed and I nodded. After the cheering had ended we went over to the two love birds and congratulated them, however we had both been told to keep it quiet until Monday, so it seems like the big revival would be on Monday.

Smiling I thought about how happy Lewis and Hannah looked, it was going to be some wedding, how exciting. Marriage isn't just a declaration of love, it's a tie of law and trust, a sigh that you want to be bound to that person for life, through everything.

Too many people now a days treat marriage as something that can be easily thrown away with a signature on the divorce papers. Marriage should be something for life and not taken so lightly as it is in many circumstances.

"Leigh?" Ross said breaking me from my thoughts.
"Day dreaming are we?" He chuckled lightly nudging me.
"Yea maybe a little" I admitted snuggling my chin deeper into my scarf.

Ross rolled his eyes at my wandering mind, "Monday will be chaos as isn't Turps bringing in little Rosie?"

Smiling I nodded, "Yup, little Rosie and engagement announcement, it's going to be a good day. But first I have a whole weekend to spent with you".

Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he pulled me close to his side, in a kinda sideways hug, "A whole weekend, you, I... Oh and the dugs".

Now I was the one rolling my eyes as Ross brought the Scottish accent back, "I don't think so!" I grumbled while Ross laughed.

-~-

Reaching Ross' flat we were welcomed again by Archie and Oscar, tails wagging.
"Movie?" Ross asked as I hung up my coat and scarf.
"Sure" I answered as Ross loading up his Xbox while looking at the large selection of Blu-Ray DVDs that sat tidily next to the TV.

"What should we watch?" He said over his shoulder while I played with the boys, throwing their tennis ball down the corridor.

"Anything, as long as it's not horror, you have no idea the amount of nightmares I've had since you and Alex made me watch Insidious" I replied shaking my head.

I never understood people that enjoy horror films, what's so fun in scaring yourself so much that you can't sleep due to the thoughts of something being in the shadows of the hallway.... No thanks!

"Yea my bad... Guardians of the Galaxy it is" he chuckled putting in the disk and sitting on the sofa waiting for it to load.
Getting up from the floor, I lent over the back of the sofa and put my arms around Ross' shoulders leaving my chin on his head.

Surprisingly Ross grabbed my arms and sung me over his shoulder so I ended up practically on his knee, so he could looked down on me with his pale blue eyes.
Leaning down he kissed my lightly on the lips, a moment of bliss.

However the moment was short lived as I fell to the floor, the soft kiss from Ross replaced by a mouthful of carpet.

Rolling onto my back I couldn't help but laugh when I seen Ross fighting a battle against Archie and Oscar, the two Labradors smothering Ross in hundreds of sloppy doggy kisses.

Sitting up I smiled, "Looks like you have two very jealous doggies, seems they don't want anyone kissing their daddy".

Pushing the two lovable beasts away Ross sighed "Well they are going to have to share me".
Then with a cheeky 'I'm about to do something I shouldn't' grin he looked at the two labs then pointed to me, "Go on boys! Give Leigh a big kiss!"

"Oh no" was all I managed to mutter before being crushed by the fluffy monsters, while Ross laughed like a idiot in the background.
And this is why I have a cat!

Alex's POV
The 'date' had been a success, Becca was as amazing as I thought she was. We had so much in common, it was fun to find out the silly things that be both liked, for example we both liked the reptiles and both liked Jolly Ranches... I know! The random things you learn about someone when all you talk is nonsense and conversations jump to ridiculous subjects.

Anyway, because I'm a gentleman I was walking Becca back to her flat, which I learnt that she shares with three of her friends from university; and I thought living with one girl was enough, damn!

We walked in silence, I didn't know what to talk about, it been a great night but what was the right thing to say?
I liked her, like really liked her, but how do you say that in a way that doesn't sound like an eleven year old declaring they love someone in the school playground.

Reaching the door to her flat we stood awkwardly, in silence, what the fuck do I say?
Luckily for me Becca was the first to speak, "Thanks for a great night, it was really nice being able to spend some time with you" she said and I smiled, "Yea it was nice". Omg I'm such a tool.

Expecting her to walk off into her flat I was more than surprised when she reached up on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek, then with a bright smile she left, "Goodnight Alex"
"Uh goodnight".

Standing flabbergasted I slowly turned from the closed door and wandered down the street in the direction of home. Touching the part of my cheek that she kissed I felt my cheeks heat up; wow.

Leigh's POV
"I want a Groot" I muttered in the darkness of the living room, the film had finished a good hour ago but we hadn't moved from our position on the couch.
Ross sat upright and I had my head on his chest, yup my favourite place to be.

We had grabbed a blanket before the film had started so we were how nice a cosy after the two hour film, Oscar and Archie lying at our feet sound asleep.

In the dark Ross chuckled at my random statement his chest moving with his laugh, "You could grow one of those mini trees, like the one Martyn got for his secret Santa last year".

"That could work" I agreed with a yawn.

Ross shifted slightly so he could put his arm around me shoulder pulling me closer to him. "Can we just stay here forever?" I muttered my eyes shutting involuntary.
Playing with a stand of my hair, I could tell he was smiling "A dream come true, my fave boys and favourite girl".

Yawning again I let my eyes close, "Forever and Ever".

Authors Note
Bit of character building and cuteness.
This is what I want from a relationship.... sadly I'm still waiting, but maybe some day.
*Fingers Crossed*

**Readers Involvement**
Please drop a comment or message me on any suggestions on what you would like to see in this fic ✏️
Anything from...
- A game to play
- A character to include
- A event

Love you all 💕💕
xxxxx