29: Like...liked since High School

For the first time in her entire life, Jisoo wanted to escape and run away from this home that she had always regarded as a safe haven.

This place where she had lived for more than ten years made her feel the air so stagnant and uncomfortable.

The three people in the living room fell into silence of varying degrees.

Until Lee Chung Ha, who was sitting upright on the sofa, looked up and asked calmly, "Have you thought of a reason?"

Jisoo was silent.

She then continued, "Have you found an excuse?"

Jisoo still didn't speak.

Ms. Kim patiently asked again, "Have you figured out how to trick me?"

Kim Ji-Yoo stood next to Jisoo with a complicated expression.

It was also his first time that he didn't speak up for her.

After all, he was also in a state of disbelief and shock, unable to believe what he saw was real.

Just an hour ago, he was at work.

He was a government official, so of course he had no major political achievements in his life. He worked diligently all his life, but he only managed to get to the position as a director.

Fortunately, he was a kind person and a respected veteran in the unit.

When it was almost noon today, he was slacking off, wondering whether to order sweet and sour spare ribs or braised chicken legs in brown sauce when he went to the cafeteria for lunch.

Just when he was quite hesitant, he received a call from Ms. Kim.

"Teacher Kim, what are you going to eat for lunch?" He asked with a smile.

Ms. Kim said calmly, "Eat shit."

Kim Ji-Yoo: “…”

He was quite surprised. After all, Teacher Kim always considered herself to be a respectable citizen who taught and educated people.

She usually speaks and acts in a very cultured manner. It was basically impossible for such rude words to come out of her mouth.

Without waiting for him to ask what happened, Ms. Kim said directly: "Come back home now."

Kim Ji-Yoo was shocked, "I'm at work."

"Come back."

Kim Ji-Yoo was panicking and kept asking, "What happened? Tell me first."

But she had already hung up the phone.

He drove as fast as he could and finally got home.

He then found that there was no fire or water leakage in the house, and everything was calm.

After he changed his shoes, he was still in the mood to joke with Ms. Kim, "The tone you spoke on the phone made me think the something serious happened."

Just when he was about to laugh, Lee ChungHa, who was sitting on the sofa, pushed a red book in front of her forward and said calmly, "Take a look at this first."

Kim Ji-Yoo looked down. Marriage certificate?

"Whose marriage certificate is this?" He picked it up and flipped it open.

When he saw the two people on the photo of the marriage certificate, he froze in place as if struck by lightning.

After a long while, he turned the marriage certificate over and over again with trembling hands, read it again, and said repeatedly: "This must be fake, after all, they sell such props on the Internet now."