31: A heartless person.

The neighborhood was completely quiet late in the night.

Even the street lights were turned off long ago, and it was pitch black between the buildings, with only a few houses still having lights on.

Jisoo leaned in his arms and heard the sound of thudding in a daze.

It came from across her ear, but it was still deafening.

The sound of his heartbeat.

Taehyung carried her all the way to his car.

He should have put her in the back seat so that she could lie down and be more comfortable.

But Taehyung was really worried about leaving her alone behind.

Finally, he placed her in the passenger seat and bent the passenger seat back.

When he walked around the car to the driver's seat and got in, he saw the person in the passenger seat curled up in pain.

Taehyung drove straight to the hospital.

Cars whizzed past on the streets of Seoul late at night, leaving only the lingering sounds of exhaust fumes and the roar of engines on the rarely empty streets.

Soon, the bluetooth connecting his phone to the car rang.

It was Yeonjun who called.

Taehyung answered the call, and Yeonjun's voice was heard, "Mr. Kim, I have contacted the hospital, and the doctor is waiting in the emergency room. Is everything okay?"

Yeonjun was woken up by Taehyung's phone call in the middle of the night.

He was startled.

He is Taehyung's special assistant, basically responsible for his personal affairs, itinerary arrangements and other issues big and small.

But Taehyung was not the kind of boss who didn't distinguish working hours and called 24/7.

As far as he could remember, there had only been two such late-night calls recently.

Once, Mr. Kim's grandmother was sick and he was out of town, so he called him to come over to take care of the situation.

This was the other time, right now.

He also called him to contact the hospital.

Yeonjun subconsciously thought that something had gone wrong with Mr. Kim's grandmother.

Until a very soft voice cried out with a slight sob,"It hurts."

Jisoo turned over in the passenger seat in pain.

If the place was spacious enough, she would have wanted to roll around.

She was not wearing socks, and the white plush slippers that were originally on her feet had fallen off. Her snow-white toes were stepping on the edge of the passenger seat.

Taehyung held the steering wheel with one hand, stretched out his other hand, and grabbed her palm, "Please endure for a bit, be good, we'll be at the hospital soon."

Yeonjun hadn't hung up the phone yet.

His scalp went numb after hearing the words.

He suddenly realized that he seemed to have witnessed something extraordinary.

"It hurts so much," Jisoo swore that she was not a delicate person, but now she felt numb pain in her abdomen, as if someone had pulled out her large and small intestines.

Taehyung coaxed softly, "I know, it won't hurt soon."

Jisoo said tearfully, "How do you know that? it's me who's in pain."